Ben Cruachan and the Kinglass Peaks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AJK87 23 Jul 2023

Thinking of doing the 4 Munros in the above groups of hills later in the week, route as described by Steve Fallon's website.

Ben Cruachan, Stob Diamh, Beinn a' Chochuill, & Beinn Eunaich.

Can somebody with knowledge of these hills tell me whether there is lots of camping opportunities along the route? By that I mean enough rock free, flat areas.

I know this route could be blasted through in a day at this time of year but we're wanting a couple of days out and have our fairly young dog with us who isn't ready for single days of that size.

Thanks in advance for any help

Kalna_kaza 23 Jul 2023
In reply to AJK87:

There are plenty of places you could pitch a tent but finding a spot that is sheltered could be problematic. The ridges are high and exposed.

Finding water high up may also be an issue unless it's been raining recently.

J72 24 Jul 2023
In reply to AJK87:

Plenty of camping potential in the Lairig noe between both pairs of hills - if you drop some height there is a lot of space for pitches on the track up from Castles Farm.

I was there under snow though mostly melted - the top of Beinn eunaich and bein a’chochuill looked grassy enough but as said further up the thread, it’d be very exposed in bad weather/wind.

OP AJK87 24 Jul 2023

Thanks for the replies!

streapadair 24 Jul 2023
In reply to AJK87:

On Meall nan Each, just west of Cruachan. 

In reply to AJK87:

Lots of camping spots. The best ones don't have water so fill up before, ie low down. And even if you didn't have a dog it's worth spending a couple of days on those hills. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...