Backpacking speaker at BMC Peak Area meet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Anyone else coming to hear Alex Roddie (former regular on gthe UKC/UKH forums as 'only a hill') talk about his exploration of ultra-lightweight backpacking as the post-meeting speaker at the BMC Peak Area meet on Wed 5th?

http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/crag_access/bmc_peak_area_meeting_5_septem...

Alex will be talking about his present focus on long-distance, wilderness journeys, how he found his way to ultralight backpacking the long way round and the lessons he learned from alpine and winter climbing along the way.

Post edited at 21:36
 tehmarks 28 Aug 2018
In reply to AimHigh_Peter_Judd:

> Alex will be talking about how he found his way to ultralight backpacking the long way round

You mean via tweed and alpenstock?

In reply to tehmarks:

Alex has certainly shown his willingness to explore unusual and interesting ways to enjoy the mountains (and via his exploration of Victorian mountaineering equip./apparel in particular he learned much to inform his period fiction writing of the time).

He's also shown he can thoughtfully consider his approach to the outdoors and refine his methods to enhance his experience as he goes along, writing eloquently and arguing coherently for the choices he has made and lessons learned along the way.  I find his approach intriguing. As such I'm very much looking forward to hearing what he has to say, especially about his current ultra-lightweight backpacking experiences!

Post edited at 14:45
 Pkrynicki1984 29 Aug 2018
In reply to AimHigh_Peter_Judd:

Me ! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...