0s maps app

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rodw 17 Jan 2021

Had os maps app subscription for sometime now and like the app the only downside is I can’t find a thing in settings to get the arrow on the screen to point in the direction I should be going when following a route

BuzyG 17 Jan 2021
In reply to rodw:

It points in the direction you are going, rather than should be going. Have to say I ignore it.  I use the app a fair bit, when the cloud is down.  I use it in conjunction with a magnetic compass and find the combination really effective and simple to use.

AllanMac 18 Jan 2021
In reply to rodw:

The red arrow points in the direction of phone orientation. But that could either be the top (the camera end) of the phone for portrait view of the map, or the side of the phone for landscape view. That's a difference of 90 degrees which can cause directional confusion momentarily, if the phone has switched orientation after being in your pocket.

When I take my phone out, I make sure to hold it upright for a few seconds to get it back into portrait view, then press the crosshairs button (bottom left) to get my location into the centre of the screen.

OP rodw 21 Jan 2021
In reply to BuzyG:

Thanks 

OP rodw 21 Jan 2021
In reply to AllanMac:

Thanks 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...