Work boot recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I've just started a new job and been told that they'll buy me a new pair of safety boots, money no object (within reason). I've had too many pairs of crappy work boots over the years so I'm excited to get something better.

Some of what I'll be doing is stomping up and down steep banks, through wet fields, climbing structures etc. What I'd really like is something along the lines of the boreal drom mid that got reviewed last week but with toe caps - does anyone know if such a thing exists?

artif 13 Nov 2023
In reply to pancakeandchips:

Haix, I've had/have several pairs, different types but always been very good

NaCl 13 Nov 2023
In reply to artif:

+1 what he said. Haix climbers. Not cheap or light but if warm, waterproof, comfortable and bombproof are desirable qualities then you won't go wrong

ollieollie 14 Nov 2023

Another vote for haix. Extremely high quality boots 

Sleepymouse 14 Nov 2023

I don't believe the Climbers have steel toecaps if that's a requirement. All the others appear to have.

LG-Mark 14 Nov 2023
In reply to Sleepymouse:

They definitely have steel toe caps.

Myfyr Tomos 14 Nov 2023

You're back in Wales now lad. Wellies are your only option! 😁 https://www.thesafetysupplycompany.co.uk/p/9425184/dunlop-purofort-thermo-f...

John Ww 14 Nov 2023

Altberg P3 Aqua - steel toecap and waterproof.

John Ww 03 Dec 2023

By the way - you're more than welcome to the free advice and help you've asked for and been given, please don't bother to mention it...

wiwwim 04 Dec 2023
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

I use puroforts all the time, but put surefeet insoles in for added comfort.  Can walk long distances with these no problem.

muppetfilter 04 Dec 2023

I wear V12 Avengers for rope access work offshore so i'm in them for 11 hours a shift, comfy from the box and lightweight as well as pretty waterproof with and easy on/off side zip. If you want something even more robust have a look at the Arb boots

In reply to John Ww:

I've moved house, moved job and moved country in the last few weeks, not to mention exiting a long term relationship and rejoining my old MRT. So, many apologies that I didn't acknowledge your 7 word comment sooner but my life has been quite busy.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I went with Haix Connexis boots in the end and so far they're ace - comfortable, smart, warm and totally waterproof. Now I've got the gear I just need to get some some sort of idea how to do my new job...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...