Women’s mountaineering trousers for small waist, big thighs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I have a 27in waist but 41in hips and thighs to match, so am finding it incredibly difficult to find trousers that will fit me well, particularly hardshell. 

Looking for any recommendations. 

Ideally non insulated as I prefer to layer and will be using them in summer alpine conditions 

thank you in advance 😊 

Elizabeth_S 13 Jul 2023
In reply to 20thcenturymishap:

Heya - I have similar struggles - by hardshell you're after waterproof right?

Currently I have an old rab pair that aren't brilliant but just thought I'd comment as I have tried on the ME Tupilaks before and they fit me really well and are a great hardshell pair you could definitely layer with as they aren't insulated and have good crampon protective patches too. Sadly the snag is the price (I just tried them on and didn't buy them as they were too expensive...) but I'm a student so might be an option you could look at! 

Equally I find the ME (I think Ibex? ) soft shell trousers fit a small waist and larger thighs well too.

In reply to Elizabeth_S:

Thank you ever so much for the reply! I will definitely get investigating these 😊

ok I see what you mean about the price 🤣 I wonder if other ME trousers fit similarly? I didn’t really want to spend more than ~£200 if I can avoid it 

Post edited at 18:38
 Elizabeth_S 13 Jul 2023
In reply to 20thcenturymishap:

No worries! Yea the price tag is a wee bit unfortunate......I dream about them aha.

Not sure about the other ME hardshell trousers but I get on well with their black soft shell ones! 😊

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...