Which Battery Pack?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yalms 18 Aug 2023

My old Belkin is struggling to hold a charge these days and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good battery pack? For use on multi-day bikepacking/camping trips to charge a phone/bike GPS. Ideally small, light and tough.   

jethro kiernan 18 Aug 2023
In reply to Yalms:

Ive had a few Anker ones, so far been relatively tough and reliable.

Elizabeth_S 18 Aug 2023
In reply to Yalms:

I've just got this one:

https://amzn.eu/d/3yPNwIg

Haven't had a chance to try it yet as bought for a trip starting this weekend but have had anker stuff before, the reviews are good and it's reduced atm! 

More-On 18 Aug 2023
In reply to Yalms:

I've moved to Nitecore after using Anker for many years, as they are lighter and stronger. Not regretted the move as yet, 1 year in.

In reply to Yalms:

I usually just put my faith in hotukdeals for this kind of thing. Hasn't let me down yet.

OP Yalms 18 Aug 2023
In reply to Yalms:

Thanks guys - great tips. 

simondgee 18 Aug 2023
In reply to Elizabeth_S:

> I've just got this one:

> Haven't had a chance to try it yet as bought for a trip starting this weekend but have had anker stuff before, the reviews are good and it's reduced atm! 

This is the newer version of the models I survived on in Alaska.. They seemed a little slow to charge (possibly because they had the old micro usb) but could get 3 or so phone charges out if one. 

Pedro50 18 Aug 2023
In reply to More-On:

> I've moved to Nitecore after using Anker for many years, as they are lighter and stronger. Not regretted the move as yet, 1 year in.

Pleased with my Nitecore 10k, definitely lighter than Anker.

ianstevens 18 Aug 2023
In reply to jethro kiernan:

Quick reminder (as always on these threads) that Anker power banks are identical to most others, in that they are a bunch of cheap, generic 18650 batteries with a charge controller and plastic case, and are essentially the same as all other power banks that didn't game the amazon rankings. They're fine for around town but not robust, not weatherproof and are crap in the cold.

For me for your purpose: always goal zero. Never failed me in all sorts of uses across the Arctic and remote locations, where I really can't afford them to fail.

tehmarks 19 Aug 2023
In reply to Yalms:

I bought the Nitecore 10000mAh one for a long trip recently and can recommend it. Lightweight (I think they claim to be the lightest on the market?), charges quickly and is a sensible capacity.

tew 19 Aug 2023
In reply to Yalms:

If you've got some DeWalt or similar power tools they usually have an adapter for USBs. That's what I use.

timparkin 21 Aug 2023
In reply to ianstevens:

> Quick reminder (as always on these threads) that Anker power banks are identical to most others, in that they are a bunch of cheap, generic 18650 batteries

Just like with LEDs, batteries are quality tested as they're manufactured and sold in grade bands. Hence you can buy two LED torches with the same LEDs and one will last a lot longer and be more powerful... 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...