Seeking advice: lightweight b2 boots recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Katzina.W 01 Jul 2023

I'm on the lookout for some advice and recommendations regarding lightweight B2 boots. Currently, I've been using the Scarpa Manta boots, but I'm having some trouble with comfort and my poor toes. Even though I sized up, my toes still end up hurting, and I've even lost a few toenails after my trips. Ouch!

I'm a bit confused as to whether the boots are still too small, too big, or maybe too wide or not wide enough for me. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue or have any tips on finding the perfect fit? 🙏

In reply to Katzina.W:

Too narrow boots you would know about; blisters and discomfort on the sides of the feet.

Too big or wide, and your feet slop and slide about, leading to blisters in various places.

Too small will cramp and damage the toes.

If the boots are the right length, but have too much volume, your feet can slide to the end when going downhill, resulting in toe and nail damage. This can be addressed by a volume-reducing footbed, and by experimenting with different lacing methods, to prevent the feet moving.

DaveHK 01 Jul 2023
In reply to Katzina.W:

Go to a shop with experienced boot fitters and a wide range of boots.

Post edited at 14:32
 Matt Shipton 01 Jul 2023
In reply to Katzina.W:

Watching with interest as i'm experiencing exactly the same. Problems just on descent? That's been the special quality of my latest ordeal. Not pleasant when you fear for your toenails and still need to drop 1000m to get back to the valley. I almost went barefoot. In desperation, i'm thinking of switching back to my ancient, blocky, second-hand Mantas. They've never given me any trouble, other than the weight. Maybe they are just a bit  more 'baggy'? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...