resoling climbing shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 justdoit 20 Jun 2023

Hello 

Question im wanting to get my solutions resoled, im looking at Cheshire resoles, the rubber used on the la sportiva solutions is the 3,5 mm Vibram XS Grip2 I can see that Cheshire resoles only have the (scarpa Vibram XS grip 2 4 mm) would this still be ok for the solution ? 

many thanks 

mrjonathanr 20 Jun 2023
In reply to justdoit:

I use these guys for rock shoes. See what ‘rubber do you use’ FAQ for options.

https://www.llanberisresoles.com/faq

In reply to justdoit:

Don't do Cheshire for now. They do a nice job but they've currently got a 6 month backlog!  We posted ours in December and got them back a few weeks go. They did warn us it would be 17 weeks but I wasn't in a rush and wanted some boots resoled at the same time so I thought it made sense.

johncook 20 Jun 2023
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:

I posted a pair three weeks ago and they were back within 10 days! I always use Cheshire. The are efficient, do great work and are quick. They are also well price, especially as they include new toe rands in their price!

Just had 2 pairs done by Cheshire. They were back within a week.

laughitup 21 Jun 2023
In reply to justdoit:

Chesire ruined a couple of pairs of mine before by cutting the edge in too much. Llanberis resoles is the one! 

phil64 21 Jun 2023
In reply to justdoit:

I had my solutions and five tennies done by funky resoles in XS grip 2. 4mm, really nice job- I would highly recommend - & they were fast and only 40quid each!  here's the link;

info@funkyresoles.com

kmsands 21 Jun 2023

I had a rockshoe done by Cheshire a few weeks ago and it was back in a fortnight, very good job. Their website says 10-15 days plus postage time and they seem a fair bit cheaper than Lllanberis.

Ian Patterson 21 Jun 2023
In reply to kmsands:

From my perspective Cheshire are only slightly cheaper than Llanberis (£53 vs £57), since I generally resole without rand repair which imo is preferable if you want to retain near as new performance.  I've had great experiences with Llanberis on La Sportiva shoes and actually reckon the first resole might be even better than new since they don't need breaking in.

For Solutions if you've caught them early and don't need a rand repair I would go with someone who who will replace sole only - I believe Llanberis may now use actual La Sportiva sole units (though don't take my word for it!)

In reply to justdoit:

Another vote for Llanberis Resoles, in my opinion they do a much better job on the resole than Cheshire. Just avoid having to do a rand repair, as llanberis charges much more for that. 

robert-hutton 21 Jun 2023
In reply to justdoit:

If anyone is visiting Arco it worth popping any shoes into Arco resoling, €70 for two pairs including toes took 3 days and super job.

Post edited at 14:44
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Woops! Retract previous statement, and apologies to Cheshire. 

It was Feet First CHESTERFIELD not Cheshire. 

abbeywall 21 Jun 2023

Yes Feet First might be on 6 month waiting.  I had 3 pairs which are now back. Not sure what the website says as it may not be up to date re current timescales.  The last pair I got  from Cheshire which were back within 10 days.  I understood LLanberis would not resole if there was a previous resole that they did not do.  I am only aware of these 3 companies in uk

oscaig 07 Jul 2023
In reply to abbeywall:

Definitely 6+ months waiting in my case - sent pair of old La Sportiva boots to them in January (cheque cashed at end of Jan by firm) and just received them back this week.  Think I'm also heading to Llanberis for future resoles. 

mrjonathanr 07 Jul 2023
In reply to Ian Patterson:

> I generally resole without rand repair which imo is preferable if you want to retain near as new performance. 

+1 I’d ALWAYS do this. Wearing the last bit of rubber down saves pennies but damages performance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...