POD

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 clp123 31 Aug 2020

Hi 

Are POD Black Ice still available would even consider second hand 

Jack B 31 Aug 2020
In reply to clp123:

I think POD disappeared 5 years ago. They got bought by a cycling brand (planetX maybe?) who then decided making climbing rucksacks wasn't for them. Real shame as they made some great packs. Second hand is probably your best bet.

TechnoJim 31 Aug 2020
In reply to clp123:

I've seen a couple of POD sacks advertised in the 'for sale' forum in the last week or two, have a trawl, you might be in luck.

GHawksworth 01 Sep 2020
In reply to clp123:

It's not black ice but I do have an alpine 50 that I'd be willing to part with for £30 + postage. Recommend seeing photos as it's been repaired.

wilkesley 01 Sep 2020
In reply to clp123:

I have a couple, which are either small or medium. Very light use. I bought them for my daughters DofE when PlanetX were selling them off for about £30.

ballsac 01 Sep 2020
In reply to clp123:

aren't there two alliterations of POD?

the old-style sacs of the 80's- 90's, utterly bombproof, and then a short-lived revival of a few years ago that were by no means cheap or nasty, but seemed (to me, with limited exposure to them) a much more 'featurey' product, rather than the old 'stripped down efficiency' model of the original?

mines a mid-90's(?) black and purple cragsack - still the dogs danglies....

HB1 02 Sep 2020
In reply to ballsac:

> mines a mid-90's(?) black and purple cragsack - still the dogs danglies....

. . . same here. Still going strong ( more than can be said for me) A real TOUGH sack

Prof. Outdoors 02 Sep 2020
In reply to ballsac:

A victim of their own success. The sacs are so well made they don't wear out. A very happy user of a very well used, faded red and black Black Ice.

Post edited at 10:36
 Dave Garnett 02 Sep 2020
In reply to ballsac:

> aren't there two alliterations of P

> mines a mid-90's(?) black and purple cragsack - still the dogs danglies....

Yep, we still have one from the mid-80s.  Still my wife’s main rucksack, not a mark on it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...