SHOW REPORT: OTS 2023 - Our Best of the Show

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 16 Jun 2023

This year's Outdoor Trade Show has just wrapped up. Staged in a very tropical Liverpool, the show brought practically all the brands with a UK presence under one roof. While a lot of the gear on show looked good, as always there were a few pieces in particular that stood out for us. Here's our pick of OTS 23.

Read more

In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Well this is weird...

For the first time in a long, long time I'm reading these reports as an 'end user', as I couldn't make the show due to getting COVID.

Lots of interesting stuff. Particularly curious about the Petzl Neox, as that sounds like it has the potential to address the biggest issue that the GriGri has in terms of handling, which is its ability to pay out slack quickly. The updated Silva Free collection is particularly exciting too, as I loved the Trail Runner Free, but thought it'd benefit from a bit of a boost in terms of its output. This addresses that, as well as providing a whole host of other options, and a level of adapabiltiy that hasn't (to my knowledge) been available previously. It's nice to see the Aequilibrium range expand too, as I think La Sportiva are really onto something with that heel - particularly from a UK perspective - where those massive lugs are an absolute gift on mud and grass.

Rachael - I owe you big time for standing in for me at such short notice!! Thanks so much for covering...

hxgonk 23 Jun 2023

On the material used for the BD Beta Light, i believe Challenge is UHMWPE, similar to Dyneema/Spectra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...