Original Boostic making a come back

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe.91 01 Feb 2024

Just stumbled onto the new catalogue for Scarpa shoes next year, appears the original Boostic is making a return.

https://issuu.com/scarpa_aut/docs/cat_scarpa_fw24-25_full_gerdstb

Page 96/97. 

Suncream 01 Feb 2024
In reply to joe.91:

I'm glad to see they're going to keep making the new one too, because it's my favourite shoe

While I was flicking through I saw their mountaineering boots. Why haven't they switched to Boa for the laces like La Sportiva? I find it so useful, and Scarpa have it on other footwear

petegunn 01 Feb 2024
In reply to joe.91:

I used to wear the original boosters and stix when they first came out but the newer models have a different shaped toe box which no longer seem to fit my feet.

On page 93 they have some foot shapes, mine being Square.

I think I recall Dave Mac has/had the same issue as he used to wear the stix quite a lot.

Post edited at 19:24
OP joe.91 02 Feb 2024
In reply to Suncream:

I think they may be doing in the future if you look at what people like Colin Haley wear. I've got a hack in my Phantom Tech's, replaced the laces with 2mm cord and used a toggle (from the Scarpa Ribelle Run's, similar to the Salomon Quick Lace). Tried out for multiple days with no slips, easy to tighten and loosen on the fly. Not as easy or quick as a BOA but better than the laces. Funnily enough they used the same method on the new Ribelle Tech 3.0's...

In reply to joe.91:

The rumours are true. It'll be available later this year, autumn/winter, and I've no doubt we'll receive a pair for review as soon as they're ready.

As you know, I wasn't convinced by the Blue Boostics, as they were too soft and unsupportive, at least compared to the original. The fact I've seen so many boulderers wearing them - and so few trad and sport climbers - tells you everything you need to know. It's not that they're a bad shoe, it's just that they're a different shoe.

The Boostic OG sound much more in keeping with the original and will hopefully be a worthy successor.

I can't wait to try them out!!

alimckay 02 Feb 2024
In reply to petegunn:

What size are you? I have a pair of the original booster in (I think) size 8 that you can have if you would like? pm me and I'll double check size and send pics.

Ramon Marin 02 Feb 2024
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

They've been a flop as far as I can tell. The 3mm rubber last about a week and needs resoling and of course they are nothing like the old ones, they are just another soft shoes with no speciality to them. Certainly not an edging machine. So I'm not surprised they are not selling well and they are bringing the old ones back, which they had a cult following and were actually stiff. 

In reply to Ramon Marin:

We should repeat that day we had at Stoney, back when I was testing the old ones, but wearing the new ones as/when they come out. I'll have a better set of shoes, but a significantly weaker set of arms 😂

petegunn 02 Feb 2024
In reply to alimckay:

Cool, sent you a PM 👍

Z12 02 Feb 2024
In reply to joe.91:

Ooh, the Generator V looks very interesting indeed. 

(Sorry for the hijack)

Neil Morrison 02 Feb 2024
In reply to Ramon Marin: interesting as I’m finding them (new Boostics) the closest thing to the venerable Stix (with the plus of velcro straps so better for keel hooking). So not a replacement as such for the old Boostic but certainly a place for them. Well impressed and they have even usurped the Stix on occasion. Sadly no sign of the Stix making a comeback 

Andy Farnell 04 Feb 2024
In reply to Neil Morrison:

I'm on to my last pair of Stix and there's nothing out there to compare. The Instinct is a different last, the Vapour not down turned as much. I really wish Scarpa would bring the Stix back as the toe box is still the best front of a shoe I've used in 35+ years.

Andy F

Neil Morrison 04 Feb 2024
In reply to Andy Farnell:

Me too Andy, I feel your pain. I've tried all sorts to no avail. One new pair and rotating two resoled pairs. Seems bizarre that it has never come back when they have revamped so many other shoes. Having said that I would it as it is/was and not one of these fancy "improved" models.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...