New Alien X Cams?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nathan8816 10 Nov 2023

So I've seen the new Alien X Cams pop up in a couple of places online lately, but can't seem to find many reviews about them and especially not many comparisons to other micro-cams. They might not even be that new but that's how little I can find about them, I'm not sure.

I've been curious about getting some aliens for a while so wondered if anyone has used these new ones, or has any comparisons between other cams like the WC zeros?

C Witter 11 Nov 2023
In reply to Nathan8816:

I've not tried the newest iteration, but the model this claims to improve on is very good and at least as good as WC Zeros... probably a bit better trigger action, in my mind. The newest model looks very similar. If you can get them at a good price, I'd say crack on. Totem cams have a narrower head size and Z4s look very swanky, but the Alien Revolutions were great.

There is some chatter about Alien Evoutions being crap, but that was a design flaw that was corrected with the Revolutions.

Hope that helps!

lanky 11 Nov 2023
In reply to C Witter:

I liked my blue Alien Revolution till the trigger snapped in half after not excessive use. 

Shame because still need to replace it but will definitely check the trigger before buying the X.

C Witter 11 Nov 2023
In reply to lanky:

Revolution or Evolution? The Evos had plastic triggers that were prone to snapping, but my Revs (metal triggers) have had a fair bit of use without issues.

George_Surf 12 Nov 2023
In reply to C Witter:

Broke ALL my revolutions with metal trigger handle / sleeves. The base of the sleeve the metal cracks and the trigger is ruined. 100% would not but again until they sort their manufacturing out. Maybe these new ones have FINALLY sorted it! 

C Witter 12 Nov 2023
In reply to George_Surf:

Interesting to hear. I've had such a different experience... But, fair enough.

james1978 12 Nov 2023
In reply to George_Surf:

Interesting to read this. All 3 of mine split and are useless just this last month. Has anyone sent them back and had any sort of positive response from the manufacturer? 

lanky 12 Nov 2023
In reply to C Witter:

Mine was the revolution. 

C Witter 12 Nov 2023
In reply to lanky:

Seems like a pattern, then! Disappointing to read. Mine are fine, but now wondering if they will suffer the same fate! Green one is six years old, though, and still going strong.

Post edited at 19:09

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...