Mountain Technology Vertige axe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi, just purchase an old Vertige hammer to pair up with my original adze version from the 90's anybody know where i could get a normal alpine pick?

beardy mike 04 Sep 2023
In reply to Mark F. Clancey:

Your only chance will be on the second hand market. MT died many moons ago and so did spares...

Jasonic 04 Sep 2023

Hmm.. the bolts sometimes came loose on these for example on the crux of green gully :0

Rick Graham 04 Sep 2023
In reply to beardy mike:

> Your only chance will be on the second hand market. MT died many moons ago and so did spares...

I have a few reverse curve picks and adzes  , some unused, both models. Found after a house move, will get round to advertising them on here sometime. 

And before getting any dislikes , will give whatever fee is appropriate to ukc for this "free" advert  hijack.

Edit, Will have a more thorough search, sure I had a classic pick but not found it yet. The reverse curve c 1999 model did have a nice cutaway for better hand hold and was slightly longer and shallower than the original which was very much like a chacal pick shape and angle.

Post edited at 15:25
In reply to beardy mike:

Hi Mike, yes unfortunately closed its doors in 2004/05, didn't really make an impact on the European/American market, but did supply MOD.

In reply to Rick Graham:

Hi Rick, that would be great, both mine have slightly different reverse curve picks, any spares would be useful, cheers Mark.

Rick Graham 04 Sep 2023

Email me thro ukc then I can sent you some photos, easier than trying to explain all the different picks that MT produced over the years .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...