ME Alpine fit jackets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lb1dej 21 May 2018

I'm looking for a durable waterproof jacket for winter hill walking along the lines of an ME Rupal or Lhotse. The best ME size for me (slim and 1.8 m tall) is the large in ME though the sleeves are rather long. I'd like to try the Rab Latok as an alternative but can't find one to try on locally. Am I likely to fit a medium in the Rab - allowing for several layers underneath in winter conditions? Thanks. Dave.

grump gnome 22 May 2018
In reply to lb1dej:

What area are you?

OP lb1dej 22 May 2018
In reply to grump gnome:

HIgh Peak

Damo 23 May 2018
In reply to lb1dej:

If you fit an ME Large then I reckon a Rab Medium would be too small, particularly if you want several layers underneath. I find Rab to fit narrower than ME, and have relatively long arms.

andyd1970 23 May 2018
In reply to lb1dej:

I have the ME Tupilak jacket in a Large and recently bought the Rab downpour plus jacket in a Large but took it back and ordered the medium 

I put both jackets against each other (ME Large against Rab medium) and found them to be exactly the same size apart from the Rab was longer in length but was slightly shorter in the arms 

I do think jackets vary in size as the Alpine fit ones are a slimmer fit 

Post edited at 12:50
 grump gnome 23 May 2018
In reply to lb1dej:

If I was closer you could have tried my Latok medium, but I'm in the South West.

OP lb1dej 23 May 2018
In reply to grump gnome:

Thanks very much everyone - very helpful.

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...