Looking for DMM Rebel Ice Pick for Sale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yuri 20 Aug 2023

Hey guys, Climber from NZ here. I've been looking around for either a single or a pair of the discontinued DMM Rebel Ice Picks and haven't had any luck so far looking on ebay/amazon/google. If anyone has a pair they would like to sell or knows were I can find some for sale that would be much appreciated! 

Post edited at 23:30
 mcawle 21 Aug 2023
In reply to Yuri:

Just the picks or the tools?

cragtyke 21 Aug 2023
In reply to Yuri:

Why the rebels in particular? What sort of routes are you thinking of? Those under bridges perhaps?

OP Yuri 21 Aug 2023
In reply to mcawle:

The whole tool

OP Yuri 21 Aug 2023
In reply to cragtyke:

I am working at a skifield and I was just looking to pick up an ice tool for myself, I just always liked the design of the rebels. Not sure if thats tomb raider you are referring to, I had no idea those were the ice picks she used.

damowilk 21 Aug 2023
In reply to Yuri:

The only reason to buy these particular tools is Tomb Raider fandom/cosplay. They generally don’t go for cheap.

They’re nice to use, but plenty of better modern tools.

I have a pair, I’m also NZ based. I like them and have no real desire to sell, but would consider for high enough price. 

DaveHK 21 Aug 2023
In reply to Yuri:

> I had no idea those were the ice picks she used.

Aye right. 

£400 seems to be the going rate, are you willing to pay that?

OP Yuri 21 Aug 2023
In reply to damowilk:

Would you do 500 NZD for just one, or would you only consider if it was both tools?

OP Yuri 21 Aug 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

I know them from the game ‘Escape from Tarkov’, I’ve never played tomb raider. I would do £400 for a pair, not for just one tool though.

In reply to Yuri:

You do realise that other, more capable, tools are available for much less money, right?

damowilk 21 Aug 2023
In reply to Yuri:

There would be no point for me just selling one. I’d also want enough to replace with other technical tools, particularly as I intend to do a trip ice climbing to Canada/Alaska next Feb.

It does look like they still go for silly money! It’s very hard to actually find any for sale, but $1300USD for a pair was one recent ad I saw!

I wonder why they have such enduring appeal! Did tomb raider etc produce such obsessive fans! Did DMM never consider doing a limited run to cash in?

Anyway, I’d sell mine for 1200NZD, I’ve just looked and that would allow me to replace with a pair of BD fuels or reactors at the stupid prices we have to pay in NZ. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...