Long body base layer for women

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Can anyone recommend a women’s base layer that is long in the body please? Mrs Jugitty was wearing a Rab one which she really likes (Sonic long sleeve I think) last week whilst hill walking and it was riding up at the back. Any suggestions? Is this something that is worse for women, it’s not a problem I’ve ever had a problem with?

JohnnyW 16 Jan 2024
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

No it isn't.

I have a long back and short legs, and the vast majority of outdoor kit is made for Mr/Mrs Athletic Average, and so is a 'mare for the likes of me 

If I find a generous length top, I buy three, as I know they won't be around again when I next want one. My last ones were from Go-Outddors of all places, their North Ridge base layers. All the high-end branded ones are useless for me unfortunately

Jenny C 16 Jan 2024

Try the men's version.

Not the answer you're looking for, but men's are generally longer in the body and have a few other design differences that prioritise function over fashion.

(I write this as someone with a very 'female' body shape, who finds base layers are the one item of clothing where mens models do fit me.)

LastBoyScout 16 Jan 2024

My wife has several of the M&S HeatGen ones and likes them - think they're long-ish:

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/lingerie/thermals/thermal-tops#intid=fina...

Fraser 16 Jan 2024

I've found the Decathlon 'Wedze' thermals long in the body and arms. I think they're unisex but you'd need to check.  

In reply to:

Thanks all. I’ll look into those. She actually borrowed one of mine and it seemed a better fit in some ways.

Lakeslina 16 Jan 2024

Icebreaker's base layers are generally longer in the body too.

In reply to Fraser:

> I've found the Decathlon 'Wedze' thermals long in the body and arms

If you're going to Decathlon, check out all their 'departments'; most have base layers of some sort, but their website is very 'department' stovepiped, rather than product type, so if you look at Wed'ze (skiing) base layers, it won't show their Kipsta (football) base layers, or their Kalenji (running) base layers, or their Solognac (hunting) base layers, or...

Feel free to provide feedback to dissuade them from this foolish practice; I have...

ayuplass 18 Jan 2024

Just saw this thread after wearing my Montane Dart baselayer to the gym last night. I have a long body and I was grateful for the extra length to tuck into my leggings, unlike my regular gym tops

Jenny C 18 Jan 2024
In reply to captain paranoia:

I've found the same problem of each activity being used to classify clothing in-store as well. Even more frustrating though on an already rather chunky website.

Badpanda 18 Jan 2024

I have a long body (and am a woman) and I find both icebreaker and isobaa tops are good and long. Just beware the more "fashion-forward" items which can be shorter. Also highly recommend pairing with high backed trousers with braces.

Pedro50 18 Jan 2024
In reply to Badpanda:

I bought an Isobaa zip-T size large. It was far too small I gave it to my girlfriend. I bought an XL, it was far too small I gave it to my girlfriend. She loves them.

Giedre 19 Jan 2024
In reply to Badpanda:

I second the Icebreaker recommendation (another woman with a long torso). For lighter baselayers, I like the Rab Force tops and have multiples of both the long and short-sleeve versions - they are longer than Sonic.

Picked up a Kipsta KeepDry 500 for £13 today, on clearance in Decathlon. I have a short upper body, but it comes down to the middle of my bum. Looking at their website, it seems to be considered unisex, probably because it's stretchy...

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/adult-thermal-long-sleeved-football-base-laye...

Post edited at 22:14

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...