Large Climbing Guidebook Covers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SuperLee1985 19 Jun 2023

I need a new Large guidebook cover to replace my beloved DMM one on which the zip has now broken.

Unfortunately the DMM ones seem to be permanently out of stock everywhere as do the Rock & Run ones.

You can still get the Psychi ones, but these are much flimsier and don't offer the weather proofing that I really appreciate from the DMM ones. 

I've found a couple of alternatives but have no idea of the quality of the or whether they will offer tha same weather proofing, does anyone have any experience with these or know if any better alternatives?

https://www.aiguillealpine.co.uk/product/climbing/climbing-accessories/m020... 

https://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Accessories/Bags-Pouches/Alaska-Guid...

Thanks

Lee

Dale Berry 20 Jun 2023
In reply to SuperLee1985:

I have the  Aguille one. Solid and well made, as you’d expect. Only down side is that there’s no book mark.

I've got the Alaska in two different sizes. The larger one takes the Rockfax size guides (a snug fit on the biggest ones) The smaller one is good for CC guides. I have the DMM one too and it's slightly more refined in appearance but in practical use there is nothing between them.

Post edited at 07:21
 PaulJepson 20 Jun 2023
In reply to Dale Berry:

Would also recommend the Aguille covers. Well made and robust.

Psychi ones are okay and cheap as but the zip on mine broke very quickly and It's now more of an annoying flap than a cover. 

joeramsay 20 Jun 2023

Just to add to the noise, the troll one is also good (or at least the one bought 7 years ago is, I presume they haven't changed). Proper bombproof and I've yet to find a book that doesn't fit in it

Just to offer an alternative solution - why not take it to a clothing repairers and ask them to replace the zip?

In reply to Wide_Mouth_Frog:

> Just to offer an alternative solution - why not take it to a clothing repairers and ask them to replace the zip?

I looked into this once and was surprised at how expensive it was (more than a new carrier)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...