Hillwalking inspiration, supported by you

Hillwalking inspiration, supported by you

Please help UKHillwalking continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKH Supporter. You can show your support and with recieve rewards.

Please help UKHillwalking continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKH Supporter. You can show your support and with recieve rewards.

Loading Notifications...

Holes in climbing shoes

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L Marika 19:09 Thu

Hi all!

I frequently get holes in the toes of my climbing shoes, meaning they need to be regularly replaced. This could be due to my climbing style.

Can anyone recommend any shoe makes which are stronger around the toes? I'm looking for more technical climbing shoes, a fan of la sportiva fit but keep getting holes in these too.

I currently wear la LA sportiva Kataki. Would you recommend resoling current shoes with la sportiva supplier or getting some new ones?

Thank you! 

McKEuan 20:57 Thu
In reply to Marika:

Where are the holes and after how long are you getting them??

Andypeak 21:14 Thu
In reply to Marika:

Sounds like you need to improve your footwork. 

Unfortunately any technical shoe is going to wear out faster than a comfort shoe as the rubber is thinner to increase sensitivity. If you want harder wearing go for a comfort shoe. 

Post edited at 21:37
 George88 21:16 Thu

In my experience La Sportiva are one of the worst for holes in toes. I swear they just don't put enough rubber there. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.