Help finding 170cm long sling

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sharp 28 Jun 2019

I have a specific requirement for a couple of slings to cover a 170cm gap. It could be slightly longer but can't be shorter and the closer to that measurement the better. They need to be nylon not dyneema and could either be a full loop (i.e. 340cm all the way around) or with two sewn eyes. I'm struggling to find something off the shelf, anyone have any ideas or know anywhere that manufactures them to the standard?

jimtitt 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Sharp:

Shorten a 240cm?

Post edited at 09:25
 JonLongshanks 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Sharp:

Like Jim said just shorten a longer one. 

But for a supplier you could ask Inglesport who can order in custom length from Lyon for you. 

tehmarks 28 Jun 2019
In reply to JonLongshanks:

You can get 180cm sewn slings, but unfortunately I can't remember where I saw them or who makes them! Edelrid and on the EpicTV store rings a bell, but I could easily be wrong.

StuMsg 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Sharp:

Would a length of 7mm cord work? quick, easy, cheap. Either double fishermans to make a loop or fig eights on the ends.

Stuart

asteclaru 28 Jun 2019
In reply to tehmarks:

Edelrid do indeed make an 180 cm sling. I have one of them for slinging larger boulders/equalizing anchors further apart where 120 cm wouldn't be enough.

https://www.edelrid.de/en/sports/runner/tech-web-sling-12mm.html

Dyneema core with a Polyamide sheath (might still work for your purposes?)

Post edited at 10:03
 Marmolata 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Sharp:

Edelrid Tech Web Sling comes in a 180 cm length. Its a sewn mantle-core-loop made from PA and Dyneema and I often use the 240 cm version for anchors.

lewmul 28 Jun 2019
 keith hal 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Sharp:

Decathlon do a 180 I think.

Post edited at 10:55
 keith hal 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Sharp:

Yes. Just checked its a Simond 175". £5.99 on website. I actually have one!

In reply to Sharp:

Mammut Contact slings are available in 180cm (I have one) they are not the cheapest. 

Can you not buy some nylon tape and knot it to the size you require?

OP Sharp 28 Jun 2019
In reply to keith hal:

That's perfect, thanks!

Frank R. 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Sharp:

And to add to the already growing list, Beal also makes some 180cm/175cm slings in Dyneema and Nylon of various widths, respectively.

TobyA 29 Jun 2019
In reply to lewmul:

Do you think they do 175 cm ones for very fat people to use as over the shoulder slings? 🤔

No reason why 120 is the standard sling length I suppose but they do seem to go over the shoulder of most people quite well.

EdS 29 Jun 2019
In reply to Sharp:

Cordelette

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...