Garmin 66s

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Doghouse 12 Oct 2020

Hi, I've recently invested in the above and have OS maps 1:25k and 1:50k maps installed on a micro SD card.

All was going fine but switching it on today the OS Maps are not showing, only what I would describe as a 'generic' map with no topo features. 

I've taken out and re-installed the SD card and searched all the menus bit to no avail. I'm not sure whether it's the card or I've changed something on a menu somewhere.

Can anybody help?  I've googled etc but haven't come up with any answers. 

Foolow Mike 12 Oct 2020
In reply to Doghouse:

Have a look at maps the set up menu and check that your OS maps are enabled and the others are disabled?

OP Doghouse 12 Oct 2020
In reply to Foolow Mike:

Thanks Mike, just tried that and it's not showing the OS Maps so I assume it's not reading the SD card?

tonyg9241 21 Oct 2020
In reply to Doghouse:

hi I have 66s 

make sure that the sd card is in

turn the device on and wait the map to load if no map shows press the page Botton until you get to the maps page 

when in the map page : press the menu Botton  come down to map set up press enter,

on configure maps press enter you should now have a list of your maps 

worldwide DEM Base map NR

TOPO Great Britain pro 1:50 

key down to the map you want then press the enter Botton this  should change the bar on the right from a grey colour to a blue highlight to enable that map all other maps should be disabled displayed in grey as you can only use one at a time as far as I know once set up just press the quit key until you back to page displaying the map

the other thing to do is contact it to your computer then start up base camp 

this should read what maps you have 

if you need any more help pm me I might be able help go through it with a zoom cal

the other thing is the quietly of the os maps they are bad something  to do with the way they where scaned in using raster but you do get used to it 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...