Five ten Blanco

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 watson.b 04 Jul 2023

I have a few pairs of the pre adidas Blancos that I need to resole, has anyone resoled theirs? It looks like you can’t get c4 rubber anywhere and the unparrell stuff seems to be the replacement. Just after some people’s opinion on if it feels the the same. 

galpinos 05 Jul 2023
In reply to watson.b:

I have moved wholesale from Five Ten to UP. Really like them, the rubber is very sticky but the soles are all too soft/go soft too quickly.

Joemullett24 05 Jul 2023
In reply to watson.b:

Resoled a pair of mine with llanberis resoles, not sure what it's been done with but was very sticky and stiff and they said it would be the best match. Took them to morrocco thinking I was on for a winner but they were pretty crap really, all the tension had gone after the resole and there was a bad mix of no sensitivity whatsoever but no t really any stiffness either. Don't think they resole that well personally.

In reply to Joemullett24:

Llanberis resoles are very good with La Sportiva shoes. They did a cracking job on a pair of Miura VS for me.

Andypeak 05 Jul 2023

I've heard from a few people that 5.10s don't resole very well

Rick Graham 05 Jul 2023
In reply to Andypeak:

I have had good resoles on original pinks and velcro anazasis but I did request the thickest rubber available.

Ed Thomsett 05 Jul 2023
In reply to watson.b:

I rate the resole Llanberis did on my Blancos. Got them done in Grip 2 rubber so they're tackier than standard but the shoes seem to have remained stiff. Seems a good combo so far.

Exile 06 Jul 2023

This happened to the whites I got resolved at Llanberis, but all the La Sportivas I've had done have come back as good as new. Maybe just unlucky? Maybe La Sportiva take a resole better? (I have always felt La Sportiva build quality is superior to 5.10s.) 

dmatth 06 Jul 2023
In reply to watson.b:

Just had my 5 10 whites done by Cheshire Resoles. Very good job

UKB Shark 07 Jul 2023

First bad report I’ve seen about Llanberis resoles. Mine have all been outstanding including resoling a pair of Whites with some stealth they had left. 

Joemullett24 12 Jul 2023
In reply to watson.b:

Just to clarify, when I said I don't think they resole that well really I meant the shoes not llanberis resoles, they seem to do great work on other shoes!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...