REVIEW: Dolomite Crodarossa Pro GTX 2.0

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 18 Jul 2023

Designed for scrambling and via ferrata, this is a fun-filled cocktail of traditional mountain boot mixed with modern technical approach shoe, says Tim Hill, producing something that's sturdy, well-featured and more appropriate for the UK than you might at first think.  

Read more

TobyA 18 Jul 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I bought a pair of Dolomite Crodarossa approach shoes a few years ago - that look very similar to these boots except obviously finishing below the ankle. This is the model https://absolute-snow-content.cdn.rlab.net/original/7613368118763copy.jpg

They have what looks like the same lacing system as lower down on the boots, but about a year ago the top little loop of dyneema that the laces pass through, snapped meaning you can't do the shoes up properly. Kind of annoying as they were great techy approach shoes and I've failed to think of a decent fix, and whilst I had had a couple of years of reasonably regular wear out of the shoes, the "superfabric" seems indestructible and is still in perfect condition and the sole is hardly worn either. I can see on these boot versions you have a tape eyelet and a metal hook that will take the majority of the wear from the laces being tightened but the lower cord loops for eyelets are a possible weak point.

simoninger 20 Jul 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

UKC have had some very detailed reviews of Dolomite products, especially Crodarossa, in recent years, but there’s still hardly anywhere in the UK you can buy them. As they looked perfect for me I took a chance and got some online, didn’t quite fit so I sold them on no regrets. But positive reviews don’t help if you can’t find them!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...