Comparing Brands

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 annatinti21 05 Oct 2023

Hi! I just jumped into your forum. Nice to meet you. I’m Anna, I am a University student in Maastricht, in the Netherlands. I’m studying business and I’m doing research about trail running collections. I need to collect some information and I think that you have the competency to help me a bit. 

I’m trying to compare some of the most famous and most liked companies that sell trail running gear (apparently, looking in the net): Jack Wolfskin, Patagonia, The North Face, Adidas Terrex, and Salomon. Do you have any experience with these brands? The criteria we are considering are mostly related to Technical Gear (so the quality level of material from a “technical” point of view), sustainability, and prices. Do you have anything to share about this? Maybe ranking them from the best to the “worst”. 

Thank you so much in advance!

Which brand will you go for?

Jack Wolfskin
The North Face
Patagonia
Salomon/Adidas Terrex
Salomon
Peter Storm
RaidLite
Mountain equipment
Login to vote
 galpinos 05 Oct 2023
In reply to annatinti21:

Why are Adidas and Salomon grouped together?

Post edited at 11:07
OP annatinti21 05 Oct 2023
In reply to Galpinos:

You are right! But when I tried to creat ethe poll, I wasn't able to create another slot, let me try to fix it 

OP annatinti21 05 Oct 2023
In reply to Galpinos:

You are right! But when I tried to creat ethe poll, I wasn't able to create another slot, let me try to fix it 

Okay, I tried, but don't know how to fix it. you can let me know your opinion via massage if it is okay! 

Thank you in advance!

tony 05 Oct 2023
In reply to annatinti21:

I think you need a much bigger list of brands, and you also need to specify which bits of gear you're interested in. For example, the only brand from your list I own anything of is Salomon (for shoes), but I also use Ultimate Direction for my hydration vest, assorted brands for shorts, tops and socks (Gore, Asics, UnderArmour, Bridgedale, Moggans and so on) and I also have Topo, Altra and Brooks shoes.

FWIW, I've never thought of Jack Wolfskin as a running brand - I think they may be positioned quite differently in the UK compared with mainland Europe.

Not including Hoka as a shoe brand seems a notable omission.

You could do worse than look here to see some of the other brands in trail running in the UK:

https://www.wiggle.com/c/run

Lankyman 05 Oct 2023
In reply to annatinti21:

> you can let me know your opinion via massage if it is okay! 

We British are a bit more reserved about this 'touchy-feely' approach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...