Canyoning boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 G. Tiger, Esq. 03 Sep 2023

Any suggestions on canyoning boots please?

For the last ten years I've been using my ever more decrepit wet suit boots, and now they are beyond useless. Holes everywhere. And I'm getting old and knackered and less tolerant of discomfort, and need something a bit more robust than twenty year old soft kayaking boots.

I don't mind spending decent money on them if they are going to be worth it.

However I have no idea where to begin really so any recommendations would be gladly received.

Ta, GTE

echo34 03 Sep 2023
In reply to G. Tiger, Esq.:

Adidas Terrex Hydro. Better than the old five ten canyoneers

Welsh Kate 03 Sep 2023

Bestard Canyon Guide are gucci but expensive. 

Mark Eddy 04 Sep 2023

Bestard Canyon Guide: https://bestard.com/gb/584-canyon-guide

I have a pair of these for gorge / canyon work and use them regularly. They are excellent.

Alincumbria 05 Sep 2023

Another vote for Bestard, comfortable, good grip on wet rock and the ankle cuff does a great job of keeping grit out of the boot. Certainly better than my old 5.10s and miles better than my even older trainers!

George_Surf 05 Sep 2023

personally dont think its worth it. most of the nicer canyon style boots still die a death but ive not tried the bestards. id just get a pair of 5;10s off ebay in your size for £20-30 and use those. unbeatable grip and youre not sad when they fall apart. some last forever, others the glue comes off.

Derry 05 Sep 2023

Just to throw something else into the mix, not saying they are better or worse, but I do a lot of coasteering and use the Palm Gradient. Been good for me in the salty waters of Dorset, but never tried the other options mentioned. About the same price.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...