Boot/Shoe width

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 malc 30 Jun 2023

I am looking for a pair on boots (walking/scrambling) and trail shoes. I normally wear a Scarpa boot. I'm a size 10.5. However I have quite a wide foot, particularly my right foot where my big toe is bending inwards and causing my little toe to push against the side of my boot/shoe. I am looking for recommendations for a wide fitting boot and trail shoe.

Cheers

wbo2 30 Jun 2023
In reply to malc: If you can live with a trail running shoes Scarpa Ribelle Run are very wide in the toe box

Rick Graham 30 Jun 2023
In reply to malc:

Might not solve your problem but I often use a thinner insole or none at all.

Some otherwise unusable shoes are mega comfy and stable for me  just by taking the insole out .

Harry Jarvis 30 Jun 2023
In reply to malc:

Topo and Altra do wide fitting trail running shoes, which might fit the bill. Oboz walking shoes have a wider fit than many other brands. 

OP malc 30 Jun 2023
In reply to Rick Graham:

That would save buying new boots. Thanks, I will give that a try.

Jon Greengrass 30 Jun 2023
In reply to malc:

the following make foot shaped, wide fit boots and trail shoes and are available from UK sellers

Vivobarefoot

Lems

Freet

Jon Greengrass 30 Jun 2023
In reply to malc:

the following make foot shaped, wide fit boots and trail shoes and are available from UK sellers.

Vivobarefoot

Lems

Freet

cathsullivan 30 Jun 2023
In reply to malc:

I've had success in my search for a wider toe box with la sportiva ultra raptor mids (goretex boots), which come in two width fittings. Also, Keen have been good in the past. Neither are that good for scrambling (which I don't really do a lot of) but good for comfortable walking. Norther Runner have a good selection of wide toe box footwear.

Pina 01 Jul 2023
In reply to malc:

Fellow wide foot here. I've gotten on well with Inov8 Roclites if that's of any use 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...