Best boot to climb Matterhorn in late summer/good conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Keen2go 28 Nov 2023

Hi, folks.

I am wondering which B2 ?? Boot to buy to climb Cervino in good weather conditions. 

I have done some research but didn't get any conclusion. Seems this couple of boots could do the job. ¿What do you think?

Sportivas aequilibrium (top? Of course but really expensive...then aequilibrium ST (normal,)

Scarpas ribelle lite HD or St ??

Please suggestions accepted

Yanchik 28 Nov 2023
In reply to Keen2go:

Sorry if this isn't in the spirit of the inquiry, but...

... doesn't need to be very warm, it's not some 6000m/planned overnight/subarctic epic

... doesn't need to be very stiff, if you're front pointing things aren't as they should be, just something that will take a boot crampon

... doesn't need to be very light, this isn't an athletic achievement that depends on shaving grammes off (if you're looking at it that way, go and get fitter and practice descending steep loose ground fast) 

So choose a boot that fits well and suits your activities and aspirations and budget, whatever they may be. I'm just reflecting on whether I could have used my 1990-style B1 Mantas, and thinking yes I could, and it wouldn't have been irresponsible, it would have been fine, but in fact I owned and used something stiffer and which, had there been an accident, wouldn't have looked bad in the accident report. 

Assuming from context the Hornli ridge. Best of luck, go well. 

Y

JuneBob 01 Dec 2023
In reply to Keen2go:

I went up the Hornli route in the summer with a guide, rented some scarpa ribelle from Snell sports in Chamonix, they were perfect.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...