Any LACD Spotmaster 2 crashpad reviews?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 12Holds 06 Aug 2020

I'm looking to grab a crash pad for bouldering at the moment.

What with being freelance through lockdown I'm pretty broke and can't totally justify it so looking at the lower end of the price spectrum with out going so cheap it's not worth it. I'm not climbing high balls or anything mad (yet).

I was looking at the Psyci tri layer ones but they have completely sold out.

Has anyone had any real world experience with the LACD Spotmaster 2? The price is great, maybe due to end of line etc. Weight seems pretty good as well as size and thickness etc.

Only issue is there aren't a ton of photos online and although it says "padded shoulder straps" I can't see a photo of them. It's the only bit holding me back so if anyone has seen them in the flesh that would be great.

beardy mike 06 Aug 2020
In reply to 12Holds:

I can't comment on the boulder pad but LACD is pretty unknown in the UK. It's a German rebranding exercise, they buy open mould and off the peg designs and brand them LACD. That of it self is not a bad thing, lots of companies do that, but what I've seen of the stuff LACD do, it's usually pretty basic stuff. I'd imagine the same will be true of a boulder pad. You might get it cheap but you'll quite likely buy twice...

OP 12Holds 06 Aug 2020
In reply to beardy mike:

Cheers Mike.

Yes I couldn't find much on the internet about them so figured it was pretty unknown. And yes as you say, rebrand isn't always a bad thing but can go either way. I've bought a lot of rebrand photographic items over the years that have worked out. Hmmmmm

Really I would like to grab a Psychi pad. But I also don't want to wait until summer is over for them to restock and raise the price.

Decisions, decisions........

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...