Advice for new shoes after La Sportiva Tarantula

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joshelinho 02 Jul 2023

Good afternoon!

I'm a indoor boulder climber and I'm looking for renewing my Tarantulas.

I really like these shoes but I'm looking for the next level of shoes.

I think La Sportiva Katana or Scarpa Vapor V could be an option, as they are more technical but not too aggressive.

Any suggestions? I'm not a pro, I'm a V4 climber.

Thanks in advance!

Alex Riley 02 Jul 2023
In reply to joshelinho:

Try as many pairs as possible and find something that fits well and is reasonably comfortable. Technical but not too aggressive is sensible when you are progressing.

DaveHK 02 Jul 2023
In reply to joshelinho:

As the previous poster says, it's all down to fit so go try them on. If they fit you Katana Velcros are an excellent, all round shoe.

OP joshelinho 02 Jul 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

I'll do that. Any other similar shoes? I'm pretty sure that all the famous brands have a mid-range shoe. I'm just looking for more options 

Post edited at 16:24
 Exile 02 Jul 2023
In reply to joshelinho:

Where are you based? If you are within shooting distance or Rock and Run in Milnthorpe, Cumbria, then book a show fitting session - they have a huge selection from many brands and give very good fitting advice. 

OP joshelinho 02 Jul 2023
In reply to joshelinho:

I'm at London. There are some gyms with a store that I can visit

PaulW 03 Jul 2023
In reply to joshelinho:

Rock On at the Mile End wall. A good selection.

climberchristy 03 Jul 2023
In reply to joshelinho:

Yes the Vapors are a very good all rounder. I personally prefer the lace up version of them. Have climbed in various model of them for years. They'll certainly be a good step up from Tarantulas. However, as others have said, one brand or model might fit one person perfectly but not another, so try plenty of pairs on.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...