Partners for next summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chenav 21 Aug 2023

Hi all, I'm looking for a partner for next year early summer season for a week of guided alpine climbing, based from Chamonix/Saastal, aiming at a few 4000ers up to AD after proper acclimatization.

I have an excellent British guide I've climbed with before, and a tentative itinerary as well, but I'm very open to suggestions on both fronts.

Due to work obligations my schedule is pretty tight so I'm looking to book the trip relatively early. Hit me up with a private message if relevant. Cheers!

OP chenav 22 Aug 2023
In reply to chenav:

Some more info: I'm looking at late June 2024, once the refuges open but snow conditions are still good and trails are empty.

Could do a 3-day tour from Saas Fee, with two overnights in Britannia Hütte, combining some rock climbing on the Egginer on the first day en route to the hut, climbing Rimpfischhorn as the main course on the second day, and finishing on Allalinhorn via Hohlaubgrat - and maybe Alphubel if we're up to it?? - on the final day.

For the start of the week perhaps Dent du Géant and Arête de Rochefort, obviously staying at the Torino Hut for some warm-up climbs the day before - and of course to start off acclimatization for the week ahead. Though this is just one idea, there are lots of possible two- or three-day warm-up programs in the area with similar technical challenges.

All guided, as mentioned above.

Pero 23 Aug 2023
In reply to chenav:

I suggest you run your proposals past the guide.

OP chenav 23 Aug 2023
In reply to Pero:

Of course, already in process. Is there anything particular in the proposed schedule that looks off, or was that just a general comment? Thanks. 

mcawle 24 Aug 2023
In reply to chenav:

Not to speak on behalf of another poster, but I suspect one worry is the simple making of very specific plans in these very uncertain climactic/geological times. A friend just sent me a bit of a panorama from Saas Fee, admittedly later in the year than June, but it’s looking very well baked this year.

Pero 24 Aug 2023
In reply to chenav:

It looks like a 1-1 agenda to me. Both in its technicality (Geant and Rochefort) and non-stop physicality. Anyone who joins you would have to be very fit and have no problems acclimatising. You'd need someone with a track record of hitting the Alps running.

OP chenav 24 Aug 2023

Thank you both, appreciate the thoughtful feedback.

Obviously we'll adjust the itinerary as necessary, both in terms of guiding ratio and snow conditions as the time approaches. I'm not hell bent on any specific part of the plan, it's more to serve as guideline for the nature of the program I'm looking to do.

And on weather, I've been to Saas Grund in late June this year and had perfect conditions, that's mostly why I'm aiming at an early outing next year as well, hopefully before any catastrophic heat wave hits.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...