Matterhorn - Lion/Italian ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Webster 04 Aug 2023

Warning: shameless self promotion coming...

I dont usually do this, but it took a lot of effort to make the edit, and im sure there are plenty of people on here who would find it useful/interesting! 

So a few weeks ago i finally got around to climbing the Matterhorn, via the Italian ridge, mainly because it is cheaper! It was a massive day, and did not disappoint. It is a bit of a shame that there is so much fixed gear on the route, some of it utterly unnecessary. But when you are on the move for that long, you are definitely thankful for ropes/chains/ladders on all the steep bits so that you dont have to pitch anything!

youtube.com/watch?v=_7r2CVIK9pk&

Enty 05 Aug 2023
In reply to Webster:

Brilliant. Really informative. At 9m30s you go along a sharp ridge. Where exactly is this and do you know if it is ever free of snow?

Cheers,

E

Fellover 05 Aug 2023
In reply to Enty:

Can't identify exactly where it is, looks to be somewhere shortly after Pic Tyndall, but it is certainly sometimes snow free. When I did the route a few years ago there was basically no snow except a small amount at the summit.

Nice video

Post edited at 14:25
 jon 05 Aug 2023
In reply to Enty:

Yes dry when I did it. Don't miss the Echelle Jordan - like climbing a Bachar ladder at 4000m in big boots and a rucsac !

OP Webster 07 Aug 2023
In reply to Enty:

its just before the summit of Pic tyndall, the clip immediately after that one is basically the top of pic tyndall and they are shot just a few seconds apart.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...