Kyrgyzstan trekking and easy mountains

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rory Shaw 18 Jul 2022

Hello,

I'm off to Kyrgyzstan in a few weeks. We're planning on doing some multiday mountain trekking and some easy mountaineering peaks.

We are initially going to be based in Bishkeck them heading east to Issyk Kul/karakol area.

Looking for suggestions on routes and peaks. Ideally we would like to do a 5/6 day trek where we don't need to carry mountaineering or glacier kit but would like to go over some high passes.

We are keen to do a couple of peaks where we can walk in to a camp and climb from there. Not looking for anything too technical or high. Happy to do some easy scrambling/snow etc.

Also interested in advice on GPS/maps.

Plus, if you have any other suggestions of things to do please fire away. Yurts? Hiring porters/donkeys? Foods to seek out/avoid etc.

Thanks

Rory

JSTaylor 19 Jul 2022
In reply to Rory Shaw:

Will PM you some info later today. Cheers, Stephen 

JSTaylor 19 Jul 2022
In reply to Rory Shaw:

Hi Rory

PM seems to be malfunctioning...

Will try later. 

Cheers

Stephen

Dave Rudkin 19 Jul 2022
In reply to Rory Shaw:

Hey Rory,

One area that’s easily accessible from Bishkek is the Ala Archa National Park. It’s possible to take a taxi ride there from Bishkek. There’s a mountain hut (self catering) there with plenty of camping spots if you’d prefer, the area has a Mt Blanc Massif feel to it (scale/geology/route options) without the lifts and people. I can provide more info if needed.

ITMC are a reputable logistics agent, who are based in Bishkek and have satellite teams around Kyrgyzstan. A quick google will find their website.

Ping me a message if you want any info about things a little further afield or contact Matt S.

All the best,

Ala Archa National Park

OP Rory Shaw 19 Jul 2022
In reply to Dave Rudkin:

Nice one Dave, top info.

OP Rory Shaw 19 Jul 2022
In reply to JSTaylor:

Thanks Stephen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...