Postmodern jukebox

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Moacs 12 Nov 2022

Ok, I live in a hole in the ground and have only just pulled into this station on the obvious line.

But how great is some of their stuff?!  Pure fun oozes out of every frame:

youtube.com/watch?v=fNTtEntQ-oM&

As listening through the back catalogue is a non-trivial (but most enjoyable) task, any unmissables?

rlrs 13 Nov 2022
In reply to Moacs:

Last Christmas, Careless Whisper, Bad Blood, Anaconda,  Call me maybe, Bad Romance, No Surprises, Umbrella, Crazy, Burn.

Fraser 13 Nov 2022
In reply to Moacs:

They've done a couple of difference versions of it but I really like this take on 'All About That Base':

youtube.com/watch?v=iyTTX6Wlf1Y&

And pretty much anything which involves a guest appearance of the 'tambourine guy' or the flaming sax player!

In reply to Moacs:

You'll probably like Scary Pockets too. And, depending how deep that hole is, Richard Cheese.

Dave Garnett 14 Nov 2022
In reply to Moacs:

Gangster’s Paradise, Stacey’s Mom, Creep…

deepsoup 14 Nov 2022
In reply to Moacs:

> any unmissables?

The Final Countdown, with the amazing Gunhild Carling:

youtube.com/watch?v=wAQ7autd61g&

gribble 14 Nov 2022
In reply to Moacs:

Thanks for this thread.  Oddly, I've not come across them before. Looks great, just bought tickets for Sheffield next May.  I love impulse band purchases!

OP Moacs 14 Nov 2022
In reply to gribble:

> Thanks for this thread.  Oddly, I've not come across them before. Looks great, just bought tickets for Sheffield next May.  I love impulse band purchases!

I booked for Oxford...but I did notice they have gigs on both sides of the atlantic at the same time, so I'm a little concenred the UK may be getting the B team.

deepsoup 14 Nov 2022
In reply to Moacs:

>  ..I'm a little concenred the UK may be getting the B team.

They may have more than one team but I'm pretty sure they don't have a B team so don't worry, they'll be class.

Carless 14 Nov 2022
In reply to Moacs:

I don't think they have such a thing as a B team considering the astounding amount of talent that appears

Here's a different All About That Base which is also excellent

youtube.com/watch?v=aLnZ1NQm2uk&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...