KLF Spotify puzzlement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 13 Aug 2023

A load of KLF is now on Spotify.

My understanding was that they destroyed their whole back catalogue deliberately. Anyone know what's happened? 

Also, yes, I'll Google it now. This is really just so that the KLF interested in UKC can go find it on Spotify. 

BB

philipivan 13 Aug 2023
In reply to bouldery bits:

It reappeared a couple of years ago on all streaming platforms. It was in the news and I was pleased to be able to listen to it again. Always have a backup strategy, maybe they ran out of money after they burned their millions?

dread-i 14 Aug 2023

Burning £1 million pounds may make great art. Not so good for the pension portfolio.

DerwentDiluted 14 Aug 2023

I suppose theres good justification for making ancient music available.

jonfun21 14 Aug 2023
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

My friend liked to spread stuff on toast whilst listening to the KLF, but was worried he would miss something…..I said not to worry as I would stand by the jams 

The KLF Wikipedia page is well worth a read along with Bill and Jimmys own pages 

Ramblin dave 14 Aug 2023
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

> I suppose theres good justification for making ancient music available.

The argument certainly has an OK foundation.

RBK 14 Aug 2023
In reply to jonfun21:

There are a couple of documentaries around, including a BBC Omnibus, but this is interesting background: youtube.com/watch?v=nWn3QygKFwo& 

superturbo 14 Aug 2023

I knew about the KLF from the legendary £1m burning. Spoke to a few locals on Jura and they had some interesting stories about it.

I've now further googled the KLF and am so deep down a rabbit hole I may never return.

Mumufication anyone?

kedvenc72 15 Aug 2023
In reply to superturbo:

FFS don't get into the illuminati books or you'll be trapped forever.

LastBoyScout 15 Aug 2023

> A load of KLF is now on Spotify.

Wow - haven't listened to them for ages!

> My understanding was that they destroyed their whole back catalogue deliberately. Anyone know what's happened? 

No worries - I've got most of the CDs in the garage!

Bottom Clinger 15 Aug 2023
In reply to superturbo:

A good friend of mine was in a common room at Glasgow School Art when these two blokes popped in and said: ‘ We are Bill Drummond and Jim Cauty,  and we’ve made a video and would like you guys to be the first people to see it.’ So she did, and was totally blown away. 

philipivan 15 Aug 2023

This is worth reading, how to have a hit single by klf

https://archive.org/details/TheManualHowToHaveANumber1TheEasyWay

steveriley 15 Aug 2023

Noted thanks. Back when I was in school I wrote a fan letter to Zoo Records, a Liverpool label that put out some excellent post punk stuff, including the first Teardrops and Bunnymen singles. Bill Drummond was kind enough to reply with a nice letter.

Funnily enough, I found out recently a work colleague’s sister sang with Daley I, another Zoo band, when she was at art college in Liverpool.

Siward 16 Aug 2023
In reply to philipivan:

Love that link. It’s already a historical document- haven’t we progressed so far since it was written (ha).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...