G&R

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 broken spectre 07 Feb 2023

Just listening to some Guns n Roses, what a bunch of rapscallions they were 😁

Read Slash: The Autobiography once. What an eye opener! And he was from Stoke, a genuine legend unlike the preening Robbie Williams.

Take that, Robbie.

Removed User 07 Feb 2023
In reply to broken spectre:

Duff's autobiography is worth a look too.

Cheeky chappies indeed though, like Motley Crue, some aspects haven't aged too well!

rockcatch 07 Feb 2023
In reply to Removed User:

Thanks both for the recommendations. That’s a couple of books added to my reading list 🤘

pec 07 Feb 2023

> Duff's autobiography is worth a look too> Cheeky chappies indeed though, like Motley Crue, some aspects haven't aged too well!

Funnily enough GnR seem to regard Motley Crue with disdain but I think that's a musical thing rather than a lifestyle thing. And quite rightly too, musically they are in a different league.

BrendanO 07 Feb 2023
In reply to pec:

There used to be a GnR tribute band called Guns N Wankers.

Brilliant!

In reply to BrendanO:

Guns n wankers weren't a gnr tribute band but they were completely brilliant.

edit: youtube.com/watch?v=RxJPKK2_zK4&

Post edited at 22:58
Removed User 07 Feb 2023
In reply to pec:

> Funnily enough GnR seem to regard Motley Crue with disdain but I think that's a musical thing rather than a lifestyle thing. And quite rightly too, musically they are in a different league.

Come on man. GNR - one great album. Motley Crue at least two and they invented the power ballad ?!

climber34neil 07 Feb 2023
In reply to pec:

I think mick Mars was quite under rated 

pec 07 Feb 2023

> Come on man. GNR - one great album. Motley Crue at least two and they invented the power ballad ?!

Every track on that "one great album" is better than anything Crue ever did and their other albums also had some great tracks on them even if the albums as a whole weren't as good as Appetite.

Motley Crue were musically mediocre and their songs simplistic clichés. If there were a grammy for "the most overhyped and overated rock band" they would come second to Kiss. I'll grant you they are in another league to Kiss but that's because when it comes to overhyped and overated, Kiss are in a league of their own.

Removed User 08 Feb 2023
In reply to pec:

In terms of pure swagger I'd put Too Fast For Love over Appetite (just). In terms of musicality Appetite for sure. Mick Mars always underrated in my opinion, Slash is equally restricted but effective.

I can dig the KISS diss mind.

Post edited at 00:04
 pec 08 Feb 2023
In reply to climber34neil:

> I think mick Mars was quite under rated 

Only if you rated him as really not very good at all. There's not a shred of originality about his playing. And Vince Neil was a dreadful singer, I have to wince when I hear him straining to hit notes and that's on studio recordings, no wonder he was so bad live. If you want decent singing on a Crue album you have to listen to the one John Corabi did!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...