Glastonbury TV

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elsewhere 30 Jun 2019

Really enjoying the coverage for the stuff you know and new stuff you don't.

The joy of Killers with guests - makes you realise they're all huge fans too.

Cure doing a superb set.

Glyno 30 Jun 2019
In reply to elsewhere:

best ever one-liner in music

youtube.com/watch?v=houFuiYrEi0&

Post edited at 22:41
 Run_Ross_Run 30 Jun 2019
In reply to elsewhere:

2 door cinema club and Neneh Cherry yesterday were amazing. Janet Jackson was OK(ish) too. Yet to see the killers set. 

It's been pretty good this year 

pasbury 01 Jul 2019
In reply to elsewhere:

I did enjoy the Chemical Brothers - takes me back...

deepsoup 01 Jul 2019
In reply to elsewhere:

> Cure doing a superb set.

While they were doing their thing, Janelle Monae and Christine and the Queens were doing theirs on two of the other stages.  Wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, but I found both performances quite compelling on the telly.  (Christine especially.)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0006gyf/glastonbury-janelle-monae-ch...

Oh, and one to watch for the future maybe - here's a little 'acoustic' session for the BBC by Joy Crookes:
youtube.com/watch?v=sUFEnN7TD50&

(Check out her own video for the same song - oh my gosh it's pretty! youtube.com/watch?v=UIxmuRbwjoY& )

nufkin 01 Jul 2019
In reply to deepsoup:

>  While they were doing their thing, Janelle Monae and Christine and the Queens were doing theirs on two of the other stages.  Wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, but I found both performances quite compelling on the telly.

Janelle Monae also did a really good set some years ago at Glastonbury, which was my first introduction to her music. I still can't decide if I like it that much, but her performances are excellent

OP elsewhere 01 Jul 2019
In reply to deepsoup:

Christine is superb, the choreography is always amazing. Look for Tilted on YouTube.

youtube.com/watch?v=9RBzsjga73s&

Post edited at 23:36
 deepsoup 02 Jul 2019
In reply to nufkin:

> but her performances are excellent

Just so.  Neither artist would normally be my cup of tea, but the performances were compelling enough that it didn't really matter.  Following elsewhere's link (above) I just had a look at a vid of Christine and the Queens doing 'Le G' at the Bercy (big Paris arena), and the choreography was the same but compared to the Glasto performance it seemed like a bit of a walk-through.  She was really giving it her all at Glaston-berry.

deepsoup 02 Jul 2019
In reply to elsewhere:

> Christine is superb, the choreography is always amazing.

A fair bit of that Glastonbury set reminded me of Michael Jackson (in a good way).  He probably would have had a much happier life if he'd been born white, female and French.  
(Janelle Monae on the other hand - very Prince.)

Another artist who always does an amazing live performance (and isn't really my cup of tea musically), is Pink.  It's a very different kind of dance, but if you haven't seen it already you might like to have a look at her video for "Try"..  youtube.com/watch?v=yTCDVfMz15M&

Post edited at 08:49
pasbury 02 Jul 2019
In reply to elsewhere:

Just watched Hot Chip too, they got something......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...