Ghost Stories

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SamSimpson 25 Dec 2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0012rvw

This scared the hell out of me. I'm a skeptic and thought there has to be a good explanation. Knowing Phil from the Stockport climbing wall, I was genuinely scared for him and believe he is telling the truth. 

The only thing I can think of was that someone might have been messing with them or it was a rat and a vivid imagination .. Will look forward to the next episode!

There was a thread made by Phil in July and I'd be interested in reading a few more stories about the bothy...would be interesting to hear some other ghost stories relating to this or in general. 

Sam

Post edited at 00:09
Clauso 26 Dec 2021
In reply to SamSimpson:

The original thread... I'll bet that it turns out to be the work of Norrie Muir.

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/hill_talk/haunted_luibeilt-737509

OP SamSimpson 26 Dec 2021
In reply to SamSimpson:

Apologies Phil, didn't see the newest post you posted on Friday 🤣

Post edited at 10:57
 Pero 27 Dec 2021

Here's a story I heard.  A long time ago two mountaineers were out in the Alps walking up the Koncordia glacier.  They were not roped up, got separated when the cloud came down and one of them never made it to the hut.  Over the next few days, his companion (with the aid of the hut guardian) searched for him in the many crevasses, but they could find no trace of the body.  When the autumn snow made it impossible to search any longer, the man promised the hut guardian that he would return the following year to resume the search.

Late the following spring, the hut guardian woke one night and when he looked out on the glacier, he saw by the light of the moon a lone figure pointing down into a crevasse.  He thought the figure bore an eerie resemblance to the man he had helped search for the lost companion.

The next day, the guardian went down to the glacier and found the body of the missing climber precisely where the lone figure from the night before had indicated.  He immediately wrote to the other man telling him that the body of his companion had been found.

A few days later, the guardian received a reply saying that sadly the other man had died suddenly just a week before, but that he would have been relieved that the body of his friend had finally been found. 

Post edited at 13:08

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...