BBC dramas.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil1919 27 Nov 2023

I've just finished watching 'The Boat' on iplayer. Good fun. I'd give it 8/10. Has anyone seen 'Kin'. Is that any good?

Thanks.

rockcatch 27 Nov 2023
In reply to Phil1919:

Started watching Kin a couple of days ago. Currently on episode 5 and I think it’s worth watching. 

yorkshireman 28 Nov 2023
In reply to Phil1919:

I assume you mean 'Boat Story'?

Four episodes in and quite enjoying it. Latest season of Shetland is good so far too. 

Mike-W-99 28 Nov 2023
In reply to yorkshireman:

Gave up with Boat Story after 10 minutes after a unanimous “this is ****”

Tolerate Shetland as Mrs W seems to enjoy it. The acting is as wooden as ever.

In reply to Mike-W-99:

We’ve been rewatching the old Shetland seasons. The main thing that bothers me is how badly set out the tiling is in the police cell. There’s a strip of tiles about half an inch wide where they’ve obviously started out against the opposite edge rather than using the centre line. Don’t mind the acting so much. 

kevin stephens 28 Nov 2023
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

Worth watching for the scenery

Offwidth 28 Nov 2023
In reply to Phil1919:

The BBC4 prime time saturday evening overseas crime series slot is my usual favourite watch. Scrublands being the latest.

The recent BBC1 prison show Time was really good.

Tony the Blade 28 Nov 2023
In reply to Offwidth:

> The recent BBC1 prison show Time was really good.

We are about to watch the final episode - my goodness it's not easy viewing.

I thought the first series was brilliantly acted, especially by Sean Bean. But this season is on another level, the acting by the women is outstanding.

Fat Bumbly 2.0 28 Nov 2023
In reply to rockcatch:

+1 for Kin.  

Boat Story is fun in a sort of sub Brookmyre sort of way. If you can tolerate the plot holes, just join in for the ride.  Makes me wonder - has any of Carl Hiaasen's work made it to the screen.  Now there's black comedy.

Post edited at 11:19
 gld73 28 Nov 2023
In reply to Offwidth:

I agree,  BBC4 at 9pm on Saturday nights usually guarantees some decent viewing (or utterly great viewing when it was The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen and Spiral). The recent french drama set in Iraq (Dark Hearts) was the best of the more recent ones in my opinion.

In reply to Phil1919:

I'm watching the final episode of The Reckoning tonight. I'll be watching it alone as our lass can't bring herself to watch it after seeing episode 1.

Again, brilliant acting from Steve Coogan - his charactarisation of Savile is simply exquisite.

Lankyman 28 Nov 2023
In reply to Tony the Blade:

> I'm watching the final episode of The Reckoning tonight. I'll be watching it alone as our lass can't bring herself to watch it after seeing episode 1.

> Again, brilliant acting from Steve Coogan - his charactarisation of Savile is simply exquisite.

Yes. It was uncomfortable viewing, a bit like watching a spider wrapping up a victim. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get an award. Did you notice how Llandudno stood in for Scarborough a few times?

wercat 28 Nov 2023
In reply to gld73:

Also Walter Presents on some of the other channels has done some great stuff.  The Deutschland 83 etc, Astrid, Nordic Murders etc

OP Phil1919 28 Nov 2023

Yes, I watched a bit of that over my wife's shoulder. I agree.

In reply to Lankyman:

> Did you notice how Llandudno stood in for Scarborough a few times?

No, I missed that and I used to live near to Scarborough. TBH I get so wrapped up in the show that it could have been filmed on a beach in Miami and I wouldn't have noticed.

Lankyman 28 Nov 2023

> No, I missed that and I used to live near to Scarborough. TBH I get so wrapped up in the show that it could have been filmed on a beach in Miami and I wouldn't have noticed.

The Little Orme in the background is the real giveaway!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...