Albums you wish you could unhear - Part 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob Kemp 01 Jun 2018

Okay, this seemed a good idea after one two people took a wrong turning in the other similarly titled thread- https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/culture_bunker/if_you_could_unhear_one_al...

- so this one is for the one album you wish you could unhear, expunge from your consciousness, wipe from your memory banks, maybe because they’re so repellant, because they make your skin crawl, because they make you physically ill, or just simply rubbish. Or maybe just because they were such a disappointment after the previous album(s) - Stone Roses’ second anyone?

My choice: Jesus Christ Superstar. Stilted, hammy performances. Awful music, worse lyrics. I could go into detail but then I’d have to think about it, remember it. I can’t do it!

Anyway, are your (un)favourites?

Removed User 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Bob Kemp:

In the Court of the Crimson King. Again.

Removed User 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Bob Kemp:

The "music" of Sydney Devine has moved me to tears on occasions.

But not in a good way.

overdrawnboy 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Bob Dylan and the Grateful Dead. My two all time favourites but it has to be the most awful thing ever laid down on record.

Flinticus 01 Jun 2018
In reply to overdrawnboy:

Aphew Twin- Selected Ambient Works 85-92.

Changed my understanding of music and communal experience.

OP Bob Kemp 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

In a good way or a bad way?

OP Bob Kemp 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Removed User:

Understand that, hellish. 

OP Bob Kemp 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Removed Userena sharples:

I really liked that as a youth. Still listen to 'Schizoid Man' occasionally, just to remind myself prog wasn't always twee lyrics about elves and maidens (that was Moonchild). It still sounds like nothing on earth. 

Flinticus 02 Jun 2018
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Wrong thread! In a good way. 

OP Bob Kemp 02 Jun 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

Ha ha! I thought there might be a little confusion... 

toad 02 Jun 2018
In reply to Bob Kemp: kate bush. 50 words for snow. What was she thinking??

And on that note, The Painters Link on the previous album. For the obvious reasons. ( and the senescent pervert couldn’t sing worth a fart anyway)

OP Bob Kemp 02 Jun 2018
In reply to toad:

I was thinking “was it that bad?”, then I had a look at the track listing and remembered why I never play it...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...