AI Disk Jockeys

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 broken spectre 27 Aug 2023

If Video killed the Radio Star, AI has just annihilated the Disk Jockey 

The music streaming service called Spotify now has an artificially intelligent disk jockey, that cracks jokes and curates sets for your delectation. So far I'm impressed, I've always been a bit resentful of DJ's as they disseminate their bland "one size fits all" personalities and insipid musical offerings from their ivory towers before inevitably disgracing themselves.

Not so anymore.

I am symbiotically intertwined with "the matrix" and finally, there are no downsides*

*Unless you class existing inside a blissful bubble tailor-made for your unique disposition as a downside, although I suppose if you had terrible taste in the first place things could escalate quite horribly!

Clwyd Chris 27 Aug 2023
In reply to broken spectre:

If it's programmed so it doesn't talk over the intros then I'm all for it ! 

magma 30 Aug 2023

did AI DJ delete the electronic music thread?

Hooo 30 Aug 2023

Is there an option for one that doesn't talk? I'd be up for that.

The last thing I want is my music interspersed with synthetic drivel, if I wanted that I'd listen to the radio. Never give a DJ a microphone is my motto.

ExiledScot 31 Aug 2023

I thought it had already started, no real person can be as bad to listen to as winkleman, beckett, Anderson, Ball etc... they've just taken a few of their favourite words and endlessly repeat them whilst talking over the start or finish of every track. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...