Tremadog Parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BMC Cymru 07 Sep 2022

Following the summer the owners at Hadfer have decide to close the Cafe for the time being, 

The car park will still be open from 8am till 8pm and the BMC would like to continue to encourage climbers to use this and avoid parking along the road. 

Overnight parking isn't tolerated at Bwlch Y Moch and this has been one of the main issues with overnight stays using the woodland below the crag as a bathroom, this endangers the bio-diversity and simply makes the location less appealing, we would like to encourage any over night camping to seek out local campsites and support local businesses where they can. 

There is now unfortunately no available toilets so the closest will now be in the Village itself. 

james.slater 07 Sep 2022
In reply to BMC Cymru:

I popped in to try the coffee whilst rained off temporarily a couple of weekends ago. We were told it was takeout only, the cafe was reserved for the 'campers'. There was nobody in there, it was 9am.

The owner asked us to remember to pay for the parking, to which I replied we were parking down in the layby closer to the village.

They mentioned that there were less and less climbers these days, and they had to start charging properly for parking to make up for it. I dont remember the exact charge but it was enough to make me avoid parking there. The whole endeavour seems like an unfortunate outcome

Climber_Bill 07 Sep 2022
In reply to james.slater:

I was there back in May for the first time in quite a few years.

The cafe owners were very nice and helpful with explaining the new parking situation and charging, which we were happy to pay. The take out tea was very good.

I hope they succeed in their venture, but think limiting access to the cafe to only the camping clientele isn’t a great business model.

SD.

james.slater 07 Sep 2022
In reply to Climber_Bill:

Fair enough, glad you enjoyed the tea!

I think the price for parking has gone up significantly since May though. It certainly wasnt £3.50 any more.

Climber_Bill 07 Sep 2022
In reply to james.slater:

Ha, no it certainly wasn’t £3.50.

Good photos of Mean Feat.

SD.

Alex Riley 07 Sep 2022
In reply to Climber_Bill:

The public toilets in Tremadog are fairly frequently locked, heading to Porthmadog is probably the best option if they are.

Is the campsite open it is everything closed?

gethin_allen 07 Sep 2022
In reply to BMC Cymru:

If only there was a reasonably priced campsite nearby for people to use rather than camping in the layby.

Can't see people flocking to spend £100+ for a night in a posh tent over the winter so they may as well let campers in.

David Bowler 08 Sep 2022
In reply to BMC Cymru:

Breakfast still available 8am to 3pm nearby.

https://www.breaktimes.co.uk/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...