Torridon woodland management plan - consultation with climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

National Trust for Scotland (NTS) Torridon - Woodland Management Plan – Information for Stakeholders

TreeStory Ltd, woodland management consultants, have identified the climbing community as potential stakeholders in the future management of the woodlands on the National Trust for Scotland’s Torridon Estate, which covers the Torridon Celtic Jumble. TreeStory are working on behalf of the NTS to consult with stakeholders regarding the proposed management objectives. The outlined concepts and objectives can be viewed here: https://scottishbloc.files.wordpress.com/2023/08/national-trust-for-scotlan.... TreeStory would welcome any comments you have to help identify opportunities and constraints at this early stage of planning.

All responses should be sent by email to Anna McKibben (anna.mckibben@treestory.org.uk) and ‘cc’ Kerri Milligan (kerri.milligan@treestory.org.uk), by Thursday 7th September 2023.

Please also state which website you saw the plans on (e.g. ScottishBloc website, Instagram, UKC, UKB).

In reply to weebluevan_andy:

Bump! One week left to reply to the consultation!

Brown 31 Aug 2023

Have you commented regarding leaving buffer spaces around climbing / bouldering to prevent excessive overshadowing?

In reply to Brown:

I've not submitted my response yet (do as I say not as I do) but that'll be part of it. Essentially not really going to be an issue for the most part anyway due to the limited planting planned around the boulders. But the more people who say similar things, the more likely things like that will be taken into consideration, so you can send your own response in!

Arms Cliff 31 Aug 2023
In reply to Brown:

Some overshadowing could be good for all the south facing jumble stuff, it’s scorching when the sun comes out! 

Today's the last day to get your responses to the consultation in!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...