Strathfarrar Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 31 Oct 2021

I did a forum search and there was nothing recent so I thought this was worth flagging up:

https://www.mountaineering.scot/access/special-arrangements/strathfarrar

From today the usual winter arrangements for vehicular access to Strathfarrar will not apply and their will be no access for vehicles. Mountaineering Scotland say it's under negotiation so probably worth checking if you're thinking about heading that way in case things change.

colinakmc 02 Nov 2021
In reply to DaveHK:

I read on another forum about an aggressive gamekeeper on this estate, demanding to know where the visitors had left their car (it was out with the opening hours but they’d walked or cycled in) and then claiming that wild camping wasn’t allowed. Are we seeing pushback against the access legislation here?

Put alongside various bits of National Parks behaviour and other attempts at discouraging journeys into wild places I’m starting to feel a bit concerned.

kwoods 02 Nov 2021
In reply to colinakmc:

My sense from the outside looking in is that Mountaineering Scotland are caught in the middle with the arrangements - the wording on the website now just looks stupidly dramatic and bombastic. More like an estate toying with the levers they can pull. As much a powerplay as it is truly useful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...