Salisbury Crags and Aurthurs Seat?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CaptnSiNich 12 Jul 2023

Has anyone been up to Salisbury Crags recently or know of any updates/plans because I can't find anything about it elsewhere. It's been closed for a ridiculously long time now over nothing and I'm just hoping anyones got good news?

Also I know climbing elsewhere on Aurthurs Seat is supposedly not allowed, has anyone climbed on The Long Row or anything like that, if so any problems?

You can probably see I'm a bit desperate.

Thanks

Post edited at 18:05
 whitlew 12 Jul 2023
In reply to CaptnSiNich:

Just climb over the fence, no one will bother you. 

Michael Hood 12 Jul 2023
In reply to CaptnSiNich:

In times gone by, at sites where access wasn't guaranteed (e.g. an old quarry) we used to just go and climb until somebody came and chucked us off. When/if this occurred, we stayed polite and complied, but maybe returned another day.

Suggest you act similarly with these rocks.

OP CaptnSiNich 13 Jul 2023
In reply to whitlew:

Maybe I will, but I wouldn't want to have the whole community that climbs there even more locked out/looked down upon because of me. I suppose lots of other people do what you suggested anyway though?

OP CaptnSiNich 13 Jul 2023
In reply to Michael Hood:

Yeah ok thats prpavly the best way to approach it thanks.

Jim blackford 13 Jul 2023
In reply to CaptnSiNich:

Theres no chance of access being restored at Salisbury,  so we dont have to be careful to behave well in case an access agreement is forthcoming. The council has banned climbing + walking near the cliffs due to liability and doesn't care to enter discussions. 

Climb as much as you like

Post edited at 13:10
 oldbloke 13 Jul 2023
In reply to Jim blackford:

Fencing stops use of part of Black Wall but plenty of evidence of use of the rest of south quarry you can get access to.

Even before the permit approach came in, you'd get chased off by the Rangers, so maybe just reverting to what it was like in the 80s and 90s.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...