Redstart? nest in banned quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Gibson 01 Jun 2023

What's my options?

I was climbing at a quarry, fenced to prevent public access, and found a nest in a crack so I bailed and wrote NEST in chalk next to the crack. I hope this will keep people clear until the chalk fades but how can a bird ban be placed in a banned climbing area? 

tmawer 01 Jun 2023
In reply to Rob Gibson:

Perhaps contact the local BMC access rep' for some guidance around this?

McHeath 01 Jun 2023
In reply to Rob Gibson:

I first read "how can a bird be placed in a banned climbing area" and laughed my head off.

Sorry for the triteness of my reply to your serious question, just wanted to share

OP Rob Gibson 02 Jun 2023
In reply to McHeath:

at least I haven't been shouted at yet

compost 02 Jun 2023
In reply to Rob Gibson:

Is it a regular 'cheeky' spot? 

Fraser 02 Jun 2023
In reply to Rob Gibson:

> I was climbing at a quarry ..... in a banned climbing area? 

I must be thick / tired but is that what you're effectively saying? I know I'm misunderstanding something but that's how it reads to me!🤔

OP Rob Gibson 05 Jun 2023
In reply to Fraser:

You’ve been there!

the quarry is not very banned, my biased interpretation is that the owners of the abandoned/dormant site are required to keep people out and low profile climbers don’t upset the status quo??

Whats that saying? Leave nothing but tick marks, take nothing but selfies….

Fraser 05 Jun 2023
In reply to Rob Gibson:

> You’ve been there!

Have I? I'm trying to think of a 'banned' quarry I've been to and can't recall any. Judging by your profile though, I can only think you're maybe talking about Craigpark Quarry beside Ratho, which AFAIK isn't banned. Or it wasn't when I climbed there and doesn't currently seem to be banned either.

> the quarry is not very banned....

Surely it's either banned or it isn't! Who has 'banned' it and which quarry are you actually talking about?

Edit: correction, I don't know your location from your profile, so have no idea which quarry you're referring to.

Post edited at 13:41
OP Rob Gibson 08 Jun 2023
In reply to Fraser:

Hi, ok maybe you haven’t been to the quarry I’m referring to but I assume most climbers who’ve been around a few years have been to a similar quarry.

Moacs 08 Jun 2023
In reply to Rob Gibson:

> at least I haven't been shouted at yet

YOU HAVE NOW

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...