Kyloe Out: Storm Arwen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SteveSBlake 02 Jan 2022

Hello everyone. Happy New Year...... I've received some photos from John Taylor of the tree damage Storm Arwen caused at Kyloe Out. Unfortunately, many of the trees atop Central Wall and Space Buttress have been knocked over. The first photo shows one lying over the top of Flake Crack. John is of the opinion that the debris in the root ball is delicately perched above the line and will become increasingly unstable as it weathers. It is stating the obvious that you would be well advised to check the top out before embarking on the route. The trees above Australia Crack and Holly Tree Arete are also down. Take care. Almost all of the trees on top of Space Buttress are down, with one lying across the descent gully between Spacewalk and Deception Buttress. This will all take a very long time to resolve, In the meantime be very careful around these trees, they may look stable but that isn't necessarily so.

Take care,

Steve

Kyloe Crag (Kyloe Out)

Toerag 02 Jan 2022
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Maybe get a note put in the crag description too? The damage / risk will last longer than this thread appears on the front page.

OP SteveSBlake 02 Jan 2022
In reply to Toerag:

In addition to here, I've circulated this information on the NMC, EUMC, BMC NE , NUCC Chat, and County Psyche pages, and updated the RAD.  I can do those quite easily. Updating the crag page on here is however beyond me. Andy Moles is the crag moderator - he might do it? 

BelleVedere 02 Jan 2022
In reply to SteveSBlake:

that's some damage!  ouch

DaveHK 02 Jan 2022
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Thanks for that Steve.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...