Dinorwig Slate Quarry Filming and Disruption.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BMC Cymru 16 May 2023

The BMC has been contacted via Cross plains productions to do some filming in the Dinorwig Quarries. Please see the information below received from the company with dates of when there wil be most disruption. 

"We are writing to inform you of Cross Plains Productions’ plan to come to Dinorwig Quarry to carry out some filming for a HBO television series, titled ‘Red Gun’ on Wednesday 5th July and Thursday 6th July 2023.

The scenes they are planning to film at Dinorwig Quarry will be set across three areas: the site of the Old Splitting Sheds referred to as ‘Victoria’, the rock opening known as ‘Matilda’ and the steps adjacent to ‘Dahlia’s Hole’. The scenes will include extras in armour, horses, special effects and various props. In order to prepare for these scenes, which involve the construction of a set piece they are planning to work towards the following schedule:

Filming Schedule:

Preparation: Monday 12th June – Tuesday 4th July

Filming: Wednesday 5th July – Thursday 6th July

Reinstatement: Friday 7th July – Wednesday 12th July

Throughout our preparation period, the Quarry will become very busy with activity. They will be constructing some set pieces adjacent to the footpath and there will be a fair amount of traffic movement going throughout the site during the dates outlined. Although they will endeavour to maintain access for as long as possible by managing the vehicle traffic using banksmen, they have applied for permission to close the footpath when there is a significant increase in traffic from the 26th June until Sunday 9th July to ensure public safety.

In addition to this, they have requested a small closure of the turning circle at the western entrance to the Quarry by the bus stop between Tuesday 4th July – Friday 7th July to ensure larger technical and support vehicles can be brought up through to the Quarry. Traffic Management and location marshals will be put in place to ensure public are informed and re-directed. All bus services at Dinorwig Bus Terminus will resume as normal.

Thank you so much again for assisting with this, we really appreciate your cooperation and I hope this helps in reducing the number of surprised climbers and walkers whilst we're working at the quarry!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Rydym yn ysgrifennu atoch i roi gwybod i chi am gynllun Cross Plains Productions i ddod i Chwarel Dinorwig i wneud rhywfaint o waith ffilmio ar gyfer cyfres deledu HBO, o’r enw ‘Red Gun’ ar ddydd Mercher 5ed Gorffennaf a dydd Iau 6ed Gorffennaf 2023.

Bydd y golygfeydd y maent yn bwriadu eu ffilmio yn Chwarel Dinorwig wedi’u gosod ar draws tair ardal: safle’r Old Splitting Sheds y cyfeirir ato fel ‘Victoria’, yr agoriad creigiau a elwir yn ‘Matilda’ a’r grisiau gerllaw ‘Dali’s Hole’. Bydd y golygfeydd yn cynnwys arfwisgoedd ychwanegol, ceffylau, effeithiau arbennig a gwahanol bropiau. Er mwyn paratoi ar gyfer y golygfeydd hyn, sy'n cynnwys adeiladu darn gosod, maent yn bwriadu gweithio tuag at yr amserlen ganlynol:

Amserlen ffilmio:

Paratoi: Dydd Llun 12fed Mehefin – Dydd Mawrth 4ydd Gorffennaf

Ffilmio: Dydd Mercher 5ed Gorffennaf – Dydd Iau 6ed Gorffennaf

Adfer: Dydd Gwener 7 Gorffennaf – Dydd Mercher 12 Gorffennaf

Trwy gydol ein cyfnod paratoi, bydd y Chwarel yn brysur iawn gyda gweithgaredd. Byddant yn adeiladu rhai darnau gosod ger y llwybr troed a bydd cryn dipyn o symudiad traffig yn mynd trwy'r safle yn ystod y dyddiadau a amlinellwyd. Er y byddant yn ymdrechu i gynnal mynediad am gyhyd ag sy’n bosibl drwy reoli’r traffig cerbydau gan ddefnyddio bancwyr, maent wedi gwneud cais am ganiatâd i gau’r llwybr troed pan fo cynnydd sylweddol yn y traffig o 26 Mehefin tan ddydd Sul 9 Gorffennaf er mwyn sicrhau diogelwch y cyhoedd.

Yn ogystal â hyn, maent wedi gofyn am gau’r cylch troi bychan ym mynedfa orllewinol y Chwarel ger yr arhosfan bws rhwng dydd Mawrth 4ydd Gorffennaf – dydd Gwener 7fed Gorffennaf er mwyn sicrhau y gellir dod â cherbydau technegol a chymorth mwy i fyny i’r Chwarel. Bydd rheolwyr traffig a marsialiaid lleoliad yn cael eu rhoi ar waith i sicrhau bod y cyhoedd yn cael eu hysbysu a'u hailgyfeirio. Bydd yr holl wasanaethau bws yn Nherfynell Bysiau Dinorwig yn ailddechrau fel arfer.

Diolch yn fawr iawn unwaith eto am gynorthwyo gyda hyn, rydym yn gwerthfawrogi eich cydweithrediad yn fawr iawn a gobeithio y bydd hyn yn helpu i leihau nifer y dringwyr a cherddwyr sy'n synnu pan fyddwn yn gweithio yn y chwarel!"

Twll Mawr California Australia

pasbury 16 May 2023
In reply to BMC Cymru:

I'm not familiar with Dahlia's hole, perhaps it's Dali's.

Lankyman 16 May 2023
In reply to pasbury:

> I'm not familiar with Dahlia's hole

there's a rumour going round this town ...

Mike Peacock 16 May 2023
In reply to pasbury:

They have it as Dali's in the Welsh text. Although to be pedantic (I'll take any excuse) its original name is Sinc Harriet...

JMarkW 17 May 2023
In reply to BMC Cymru:

House of the Dragon Series 2? 

Lankyman 26 May 2023

In reply to ZonaDavis:

> I can't understand.

Just don't use the 'S*****n' word

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...