BMC Peak Area meeting tonight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Reeve 27 Jan 2022

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the meeting is tonight at the (new-ish) time of 7pm. If you're on the mailing list you should have received the link to join the meeting on Monday. If you haven't received it then PM me through here and I can send it to you (we're not using Eventbrite to get the link this time).

It is the local AGM so we'll be electing various roles, as well as having the usual news and updates in local access, hill walking, and clubs.

For post-meeting entertainment, we have exclusive access to the yet-to-be-released Steve McClure short film about climbing Final Round (E9) in Dovedale.

Cheers, Andy

Offwidth 27 Jan 2022
In reply to Andy Reeve:

Cheers for the reminder Andy. It's maybe worth me adding that the Peak area welcomes outside visitors who care about Peak District access and conservation issues, even non members. The only restriction is on voting for area posts (and formal resolutions) where you need to be a BMC member attached to the Peak area.

Thanks again for the Peak team keeping things going during this difficult virtual period. Fingers crossed we will be back to physical meetings next time.

TobyA 27 Jan 2022
In reply to Andy Reeve:

I will try to attend this time - I find it harder to remember about zoom ones than the in-person ones, pre pandemic! 

Howard J 27 Jan 2022
In reply to Offwidth:

So how do I become "attached to the Peak Area"?  Nominally I live in the North West, but the Peak National Park boundary is literally outside my back gate, and that is where I climb. 

OP Andy Reeve 27 Jan 2022
In reply to Howard J:

Hi Howard,

For the future you're be best off emailing the BMC office <office@thebmc.co.uk> and asking to be on the Peak Area mailing list, so that you get all the relevant updates and reminders about area meetings etc. If you would like to vote for area officers in the Peak Area (rather than vote in the North-West meetings) you will have to specify that is what you are requesting.

For tonight, you're very welcome to attend the Peak Area of course. I'll be checking my emails up until the meeting start-time of 7pm so just message me on here if you need the link.

Cheers, Andy

In reply to Andy Reeve:

When will we get back to proper meetings? I know some people will be cautious about going to an indoor meeting but I suspect most now won't be, and I think the masses should be pandered to. I'm sure a zoom can be set up for those who would rather stay away.

If people do stay away then there will be more chips for the rest of us, and it's all about the chips.

Offwidth 27 Jan 2022
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Monday April 25th is the next Peak Area meeting. Said to be 'face-to-face' if possible.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...