BMC North West Area Meeting: 4 June, Manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Team BMC 21 May 2019

Come to our next gathering of North West climbers and walkers and get involved in the BMC.

Date: Tuesday 4 June 2019, starting at 7.30pm (food from 7.00pm)
Venue: Sedgley Park Rugby Club, Whitefield, Manchester M45 7DZ

Area meetings are run by volunteers and provide an opportunity for you to discuss issues and influence decisions affecting climbers and walkers locally and nationally.

Guest speaker for the evening is globe-trotting climber Dominic Oughton, who will talk about his 2018 ascent of El Capitan’s North America Wall.

All are welcome; food will be provided by the BMC.

See the BMC Local Areas site for more details: http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=4089

Graeme Hammond 03 Jun 2019
In reply to Team BMC:

Can someone in the meeting ask about the access arrangements for Hoghton this year. Am assuming it is still June-Aug BUT are there any bird restrictions as the RAD only refers to bird restrictions in 2018. Also if any cleaning dates are planned I would be willing to get involved. I have been a couple of times but would really like to try Boadicea this year but I think it will need a good scrub given its state on previous visits.

Paul Evans 04 Jun 2019
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Hi Graeme, I will get the latest info on opening dates from Les, who is I understand planning to attend. 

Cheers

Paul

spenser 04 Jun 2019

I asked exactly this question of Les a couple of days ago, here was his response:

At Hoghton the birds are still on the nest, but climbing is currently expected towards the end of June. Once the birds have fledged climbing can continue until Sunday Aug 25th.

Paul Evans 05 Jun 2019
In reply to spenser:

And Les confirmed at the BMC NW meeting last night that the situation is still as in Spenser's post above. Expected opening towards the end of June, then open until 25 Aug.

Not long to go now!

Paul Evans (NW Area Sec). 

Graeme Hammond 06 Jun 2019
In reply to Paul Evans:

thanks

biscuit 06 Jun 2019

Boedica got a clean and a climb a couple of years ago. There was a lot of vegetation to take off. Hopefully that'll make it easier this year. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...