UKC

Rowsley Wood Parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackspratt 20 Nov 2023

Hoping someone who's been to Rowsley can help. I'm heading up in the week and wondered what the parking situation is, looks like its just a pull off the road job on the outside of the switchbacks, I've street viewed it and it looks tight. Is it as bad as it looks? how many cars can you park there and are there alternatives if this is full. Any help appreciated.

In reply to Jackspratt:

There is room for one or two cars about 100m or so downhill from the switchbacks.

OP Jackspratt 20 Nov 2023
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

thank you!

Droyd 20 Nov 2023
In reply to Jackspratt:

There are also plenty of laybys after the switchbacks, the nearest being about 500 metres along from where the start of the path (https://www.google.com/maps/place/53%C2%B011'22.2%22N+1%C2%B035'47.2%22W/@5...). Not ideal but it's a flat road so not too arduous.

Don't be tempted to park nearer than that if the parking on/downhill from the switchbacks doesn't work out - I once parked near the 'crossroads' just as the road comes out of the trees at the top of the switchbacks when all the parking further down was full, and got back to my car to both an angry note and irate local. 

OP Jackspratt 20 Nov 2023
In reply to Droyd:

thanks for the advice, much appreciated

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...