Tour de France

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 24 Jul 2018

What are the French farmers actually protesting about?

FactorXXX 24 Jul 2018
In reply to Trangia:

> What are the French farmers actually protesting about?

I think you'll find that they're revolting.

OP Trangia 24 Jul 2018
In reply to FactorXXX:

About what?

Lusk 24 Jul 2018
In reply to Trangia:

Is was a bit of a gas whatever the reason.

OP Trangia 24 Jul 2018
In reply to Lusk:

> Is was a bit of a gas whatever the reason.

I don't dispute that, but it would be interesting to know why?

Does anyone know?

Removed User 24 Jul 2018
In reply to Trangia:

I read somewhere earlier that it's do with statutory changes affecting the viability of more marginal areas of farmland but don't quote me on that, my French isn't what it should be. 

Poor show anyway, I'm always more sympathetic when they march herds of cows through villages or dump hundreds of tons of shit outside the Mairé's office. 

drolex 24 Jul 2018
In reply to Trangia:

There is a change planned in the way subsidies for some hilly and mountainous areas will be calculated. Some areas previously considered "tough" such as the Ariège hills and Montagne Noire will lose their classification as "tough zones" and hence they will lose some of their subisidies.

It's been quite a sh*tshow around Toulouse in the past 6 months with many angry farmers blocking the motorways, burning tires and demonstrating in some way or another (as is tradition).

arch 24 Jul 2018
In reply to Trangia:

They're pissed off that the UK is leaving Europe. 

Removed User 24 Jul 2018
In reply to drolex:

> There is a change planned in the way subsidies for some hilly and mountainous areas will be calculated. Some areas previously considered "tough" such as the Ariège hills and Montagne Noire will lose their classification as "tough zones" and hence they will lose some of their subisidies.

That's very significant round there, not two areas of France known to be swimming in cash.

OP Trangia 24 Jul 2018
In reply to Removed UserStuart en Écosse:

Thanks to you and drolex for the heads up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...